Do You Make A Good Partner?

I hope I am. I am pretty sure all the guys I have been partners with have had a good time whether we win or lose

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
You're a helluva partner brother. I'd be paired with you anytime, anywhere.

I am the dissenting voice...I am a TERRIBLE partner. I am capable of carrying the team for stretches of 2, 3, maybe 5 holes at a time...and contributing not one shot the rest of the round.

You're a helluva partner brother. I'd be paired with you anytime, anywhere.
You know I feel the same about you, I just got a smile thinking about our round at #TheKing

I'd have to let other partners I've had answer that. I certainly hope I've been a good partner!
After watching you play at the gauntlet wardy I would say that you were a pretty solid partner brother. Hopefully one day we can tee it up again on the same team instead of opposite lol

I'm not good at golf and I really don't know what to say to people when they are down on themselves or flying off the handle. There's a pretty good chance I'd be one of those people.

So, I am not an ideal partner.

However, if I play poorly it wouldn't be for lack of effort and I would generally be on board with whatever my partner expects of me.

I'd like to think I am. I've played in some competitive formats and I can tell when my partner needs a talking to or a pick me up. I can sense a guy going into a funk (Looking at you Nate) and know how to bring them back.
No thinking about it. You are a great partner. You did all the above and more as my partner.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I like a lot of what PGG and CJ said and relate to them.

I know I certainly didn't play to my HC in two team events this year.

But I tried to contribute anyway I could.

But mostly I tried to stay out of my much better partners ways and keep up a positive attitude and make sure I did everything I could to at least make the Company enjoyable.

Hopefully next year I'll be in a better position to contribute more to the teams success in any team events.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

With my limited experience I would say Yes. I have during this season played in a few tournaments where we have played as 2 or 3 man teams and I think I do a decent job as a partner. I usually play my best with a bit of pressure added anyway so playing with others in my team seem to get my game up since I do not want to let them down. I am usually positive on the course which I think helps

I would like to think so, but you would have to ask my partners

I think i am and i got a pretty solid education on what it means to be a good playing partner while being competitive at the Gauntlet. Zoo Crew JRod showed me what it meant to compete yet have fun and keep things very loose. Maybe it was the Titos, maybe it was the Pitbull Radio on Pandora, but man if anyone is ever lucky enough to be partnered up with him in the future youll have a better understanding of what im saying. But because of that experience i feel like i can be a pretty good playing partner

I will also add here I have never had a bad partner in a THP event. I have enjoyed my partner in every round. Pete and myself finished dead last in LC, and I still had a blast.

Yup.

Short grass, short grass.

I've NEVER had a bad partner at any THP event I've been to! One day I will return the favor!

I like to think I am a good partner but I have to talk strategy again with Maddog... in best ball, you need to par when your partner makes par and double when he doubles right?

Haven't played enough competitive rounds to say whether I am or not. I'd like to think so though.

I did enjoy the heck out of our round together, that makes you a good partner in my book.

I believe I'm a good partner. I like to look for the positive in everything even when playing poorly. I like to make sure my partner and I are enjoying ourselves first of all.

In the few events I've been in I've had great partners, and I wouldn't hesitate to tee it up with them again at all.

I like to think I'm a good partner. I don't always play well, but I can assure you I'm always trying my ass off and providing encouragement to my partner.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Depends on the format really. Have had some rounds where I've been a really good partner, and some when I've been useless.

I don't know. I've never been paired with anyone with team recognition on the line. But I like to thing I'm a decent guy to be paired with and try not to take myself too seriously.

I can say that I wouldn't hesitate to tee it up again with any of the THPers with whom I've played a round.

Depends on the format really. Have had some rounds where I've been a really good partner, and some when I've been useless.

I'm your Huckleberry, Lets roll together in December and crush souls!

I'm your Huckleberry, Lets roll together in December and crush souls!

I tend to think it's just not a black and white answer ya know? If I give an honest look at some of my competitive playing rounds in the past, I've got some that I truly feel I was a really good playing partner. On the flip side, I have some where I feel as if I was not and could have done more whether in performance or just being a cheerleader. Can't even judge on wins and losses either, because I think one of my defeats, was maybe the best round for me at being a partner and that was against Jake and Amol in 2013. Format wise, Alt Shot I think I'm a god awful partner. It's just not a format I embrace.

I tend to think it's just not a black and white answer ya know? If I give an honest look at some of my competitive playing rounds in the past, I've got some that I truly feel I was a really good playing partner. On the flip side, I have some where I feel as if I was not and could have done more whether in performance or just being a cheerleader. Can't even judge on wins and losses either, because I think one of my defeats, was maybe the best round for me at being a partner and that was against Jake and Amol in 2013. Format wise, Alt Shot I think I'm a god awful partner. It's just not a format I embrace.

I completely understand. Competitively (THP & Non THP) i feel like i'm in the same boat. I've seen you play, I know what you are capable of and that's why I would partner with you any day. Win or Lose, you don't give up and that is all I ask out of my partner. Just don't give up because you never know what shot, either yours or your opponents, can turn the match back in your favor.

I completely understand. Competitively (THP & Non THP) i feel like i'm in the same boat. I've seen you play, I know what you are capable of and that's why I would partner with you any day. Win or Lose, you don't give up and that is all I ask out of my partner. Just don't give up because you never know what shot, either yours or your opponents, can turn the match back in your favor.

without a doubt. I hate giving up. Hit a ball OB? Drop and hit another one, even if you have to go back to the spot you hit the original from. You just never know what can happen. You can hole out for par, or tap in for a bogey.

Another note on format, when HarvMP and I played that modified pinehurst that was used in the last Grandaddy, it was awesome. I thought the partnership there was crucial and it certainly worked well for us. We talked through a ton of options and shots and scored pretty well.

Ive seen the later, not sure on the first part though

Back