Lie Angle - What Are You?

According to both fittings I've had I'm standard all the way. L/L/L

Std & 2* flat

1 deg upright in my last fitting.

I don't know anymore. Seems to completely change based on the iron build. Have done several iron fittings in the past few years.

2 flat, 1 up, Std, 1 flat. 1.5 flat, Std.

I was fit for standard lie. It was a bit confusing to me since according to the PING chart and even the Callaway chart I should be 1 or 2 upright, but who am I to argue with the guy who knows his stuff? Thats why a live fitting is so much better than trying to fit off a piece of paper.

I was in a store looking at wedges and the staff pro was helping me. She asked me to come over to the hitting bay and had me hit a couple of wedges. She put a sticker on the bottom and had me hit. I kept hitting the ground on the toe and she said that I should be 2° upright. I asked if my XTDs could be bent and she said that cast clubs shouldn't be bent because they can break. So I guess nice info to have but useless for me at this point.

1/2" long and 1 degree up

A loooong time ago, I was fit for 2 degrees upright and have been buying my clubs that way for over 15 years.
It's probably time for a recheck.

Yes sir. 2* up.

I was fitted to my irons earlier this year and they are 1" longer than standard and 2* upright - but this is based on the Srixon standards so could be different for other OEM's

Fit for standard L/L/L.

Honestly I was disappointed to learn that, was hoping to pin all of my golf issues on improperly fit irons.

Yes, 1 degree toe up....but Ross said it was right in the middle (I'm standard length) with being standard lie angle and 1* toe up that I could go either way. I could (for the most part) buy off the rack and go, which most probably can't do. So I got a good laugh out of that.

I have not had a custom fitting,but based on my observations I would day 1 or 2 flat .

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I have no clue, although I suspect that my extra long, monkey arms would put me at least 1* flat

I have 1* Up, it's to help with my toe impacts.

62* in my 5 iron. Changes from there.

2 up, and 1/2 long

1/2" short and standard lie.

Many years ago (10+) my irons were 2º up. When I got new clubs the last time several years ago, that same 2º was real close to standard when I compared the specs side by side. As of now I'd say I'm standard, but who knows what standard will be the next time around.

2* up as fit by Bob VanSweden himself.

Though I'd not be surprised if that changes in December based on where my swing is now.

Back