Woman Sues 12-Year Old Nephew for Exuberant Hug!

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
This is just embarrassing, both for the woman and her lawyer. A woman suing a kid because she fell when he hugged her at his birthday. The kid was 8 at the time!

http://gawker.com/manhattan-woman-sues-12-year-old-nephew-for-breaking-he-1736230311

What's worse is if I'm defending the kid/guardian, I probably settle the case. Even if we win and the case dismissed, I presume New York is like most other states in that there's no basis for attorney fees unless the case is deemed so patently frivolous that no reasonable lawyer would have filed the case. In other words, we would have to spend $50 - 100k to defend the case, with no guarantee to recoup those fees. I would have a hard time telling my client to risk $50 - 100k as a matter of principle.

Ugggh. I sometimes hate being part a profession that allows and encourages crap like this.

This is just embarrassing, both for the woman and her lawyer. A woman suing a kid because she fell when he hugged her at his birthday. The kid was 8 at the time!

http://gawker.com/manhattan-woman-sues-12-year-old-nephew-for-breaking-he-1736230311

What's worse is if I'm defending the kid/guardian, I probably settle the case. Even if we win and the case dismissed, I presume New York is like most other states in that there's no basis for attorney fees unless the case is deemed so patently frivolous that no reasonable lawyer would have filed the case. In other words, we would have to spend $50 - 100k to defend the case, with no guarantee to recoup those fees. I would have a hard time telling my client to risk $50 - 100k as a matter of principle.

Ugggh. I sometimes hate being part a profession that allows and encourages crap like this.

That will teach him to love people... I thought odd stuff like this only happened in FL

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised.

There are words for people like this...but they aren't appropriate for any medium.

unreal

this really doesn't help the idea foreigners have about 'MERICA...

but I have to admit it made me laugh quite a bit this morning

I didn't think ATL could practice law in New York?

I was just reading about this after my buddy sent it to me. No words to describe her.

On a more serious note, this bītch sounds like an absolutely awful person.

Her lawsuit claims his “negligent” and “careless” show of affection caused her serious injuries and losses, noting “I was at a party recently and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvres plate.”

There's so much wrong and weird about this case.

shhi1.jpg

What a joke

Welcome to #Merica, what can I sue you for today?

I think someone isn't getting invited to Thanksgiving and Christmas for the next, say ... oh, 100 years.

Though maybe this is all part of her nefarious plan.

Either way, this lady is a twit.

Hopefully she loses her case and judge finds both her and her moronic lawyer in contempt of court for both being idiots and sentences them both to life in prison.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

According to Yahoo news, the boy's mother passed away last year.

So his Mother passed away and now his Aunt is suing him.. poor kid! That is just craziness!!

Looks like the jury decided in favor of the kid.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

You can't fix stupid....

Wow,that is so messed up on so many levels

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Quite a few of my family and friends saw this and the overwhelming response was, "Only in America!". Being able to sue is fine but there has to be a line, this is ridonkulous.

I actually get angry reading this nonsense. Hopefully this woman tries to stop a truck with her head and ceases to be a skidmark on society's underwear.

Jury ruled against her :)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back