Scratch Golf - Going Out Of Business

Always loved the simplicity, I lusted after a set of their original stuff for a long time. I honestly forget about them until this post.

I have known Ari for a long time. Great guy and sorry to see this happen. Unfortunatly I think they got away from their roots that made them and it ultimatly was the death of Scratch. They made some good stuff. As far as I know Don is retired for a while now and Jeff Mccoy will probably latch on at one of the OEMS as he is a great club grinder/maker.

Hate to see any US company fold....except Comcast maybe...

I wonder if anyone picks up the scraps or hires Don White or Jeff McCoy.

Last I heard a couple months ago was Don was retiring. Jeff will definitely get picked up by someone.

I am bagging Don White irons and wedges currently. Absolutely no chance of them coming out of the bag in the near future.

Sucks to hear. I bought a groupon and did a launch monitor gap analysis at their Ferndale, MI storefront in March. It was a cool place, but could definitely tell they were struggling. The odd thing is that I expected them to try and sell me something when I was there. Didn't at all. I am curious to see how/where they sell off their inventory. Would be interested in picking a few things up they had in the store (staff bag, headcovers, putters or wedges).

Sucks to hear. I bought a groupon and did a launch monitor gap analysis at their Ferndale, MI storefront in March. It was a cool place, but could definitely tell they were struggling. The odd thing is that I expected them to try and sell me something when I was there. Didn't at all. I am curious to see how/where they sell off their inventory. Would be interested in picking a few things up they had in the store (staff bag, headcovers, putters or wedges).

I would be interested in this as well. Would love to pick up another Scratch staff bag. Wouldn't mind a James Ingles putter as well.

Back