casuk79

Reaction score
Handicap
What is a good ball for someone who loses a lot, I want something that will preform but is also cheap,

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of the Callaway Warbirds and they are under 20 a dozen.

Snell Get Sum
Cut Golf 2 piece
Wilson Duo Optix
Callaway Supersoft

Honestly most brands have something that will work. Most likely a 2 piece ball.
If losing a lot, you could try a color that would stand out. The new Wilson Duo Optix has some bold matte colors and other brands might be entering that space soon too.

What is a good ball for someone who loses a lot, I want something that will preform but is also cheap,

Define perform? People like different performance features from golf balls.

You could also consider buying used/recycled balls. They're a decent value if you don't need new balls.

Buy 5 cases of Vice Drive. So cheap like $13 a case if you buy 5. They’re actually similar to a velocity so stop pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon Soft Feel in yellow would be good. Cheap, ($20 dozen) and perform well.

Those buy 3 slazengers at dicks for $30 are a great deal i use them during the cold months allot and score will with them i use the raw distance soft ones

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I find I don't lose so many titleist (nxt velocity pro v) compared to others so performance wise I would like something similar, I have never tried a coloured ball so that could be an option but I see the white OK its just my bad shots can go a stray sometimes currently I'm using a mix of Wilson that I bought of ebay, I was looking for the vice, Snell and cut brands but in UK I can't seem to find them

Pinnacle Rush is a surprising ball

I will say you can’t beat the Wilson duo (white or in the nice new optix colors). 20/dz, soft, and easy to find. A great ball that I think anyone could use. Not the most spinning ball ever but that’s not the point of the ball haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure if these perform (Precept Powerdrive), but, they are cheap - $0.98 a dozen, and, it sounds like some stores have marked them down further

You can check to see if your store has them this way:

Google "precept powerdrive golf balls HOME DEPOT". Then on the right hand side, under "shop now" section, click "view all sellers and prices". Scroll to the bottom of the next page and it should show you nearby locations and if they are in stock.

I think I'll have a look at the Pearl or AAA I'll get a dozon of 4 different kinds and judge them on a round by round basis

You have two real choices in my opinion for a ball that will do everything you need inside 100 and still be a good price point for losing a lot. Both balls I suggest are 3 or 4 piece Urethane balls. The Urethane part is what you need for spin around the greens.

First is the Maxfli U/4. It's a 4 piece urethane ball that has good feel and performs as good as ProV1 in a lot of situations. $14.99 a dozen and you can stock up for a good price.
https://www.golfworks.com/maxfli-u-4-golf-balls/p/MXB0006/

Second would be the Cut Golf Grey. It's a 3 piece urethane ball that was really good in testing. You can get it for as little as $17.99 in bulk purchase.
https://www.cutgolfco.com

mxb0006.jpg

I find I don't lose so many titleist (nxt velocity pro v) compared to others so performance wise I would like something similar, I have never tried a coloured ball so that could be an option but I see the white OK its just my bad shots can go a stray sometimes currently I'm using a mix of Wilson that I bought of ebay, I was looking for the vice, Snell and cut brands but in UK I can't seem to find them

I'm very confused by this. Those are 3 completely different golf balls in performance, design, and, most importantly for one who loses a lot, price.

What kind of price range do you want to settle in? Or what kind of performance? That will narrow down the options a lot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I bought a sleeve of 3 of each of the titleist and I have two of each left I just don't seem to lose them compared to the Wilson and callaway that i m now running low on, I don't want to spend much more than £1.50 per ball

I still lose more than I should, I buy recycled or pickups from local courses. A guy I work with has a neighbor that picks, sorts and sells to supplement his income. From him you can get Pro-V1's for .75 a ball or a mix of anything for .50 a ball. I usually beat the junkers around when I'm practicing and save the good ones for when I play with/against someone.

Get used premium ones. Mint ones from lost golf balls are excellent. Just make sure the are used/recycled not refinished.

I've been using the Titleist X-Outs for years. $9.97/dozen at WalMart over here. Not sure if they are available on your side of the pond. You can sometimes find them on the interwebs, but usually at a higher price. They also tend to get hard to find from time to time. I bought a bunch late last year, but now haven't seen them for a few months.

Never tried the U/4s that CK suggested, but I certainly will this Spring.

Back