Mallet or Blade?

• Mallet

Votes: 54 60.0%
  • Blade

Votes: 36 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blade ftw

Blade. No doubt. My fitting last week confirmed it. 30* of toe hang.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have played both, but seem to gravitate to the Blade style putters.

A mid-mallet like the #7 or Elevado. The bigger mallets like the TM Spider don’t seem to work as well for me.

Blades are okay for me, but I don’t think I’m as consistent with them compared to a mallet style.

Play a blade style putter now. I have used mallets before with good success, but i feel like I manipulate my stroke to much to accommodate that. Now that there are many more options with Slant necks/toe hang, I could see myself going with a mallet sometime this year.

Blade for me. I've tried a few mallets over the years but always go back to a blade. I prefer the look of blades.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Mallets suit my eye but I have always rolled blade styles better. I have a Cleveland Elevado that I love the look of but it can’t kick the Ping Voss out of the bag. The Cleveland is not good at long putts, I tend to cause the ball to hop up off the green with it and I get horrible lags. The Ping is much better for lag putts.

I love blade putters and prefer them but I've come to the realization that in terrible with them. To be fair I'm not a ton better with mallets but there's slight improvement.

Mallet.

Been years since I played a blade. No matter the obvious quality, they barely catch even a hint of my attention now.

I started my golf career with a YES blade putter then gravitated to a Scotty Cameron for about 6 years but putting was going nowhere. Was in Palm Springs early in 2015 and spent about 2 hours at the PGA Superstore where they had hundreds of putters in all the sizes (which is rare in Canada). I would grab my length off the rack and hit about 7 or 8 putts from 15 feet trying both mallets and blades. I estimate I must have tried 40-50 putters during the trial. The putting green was huge, nothing like I had ever seen before.

Narrowed it down to 3 putters, then putted from 4' and like 25' and the Odyssey 7 became my new putter. Now using an O-Works 7 which I got late September so still in break-in period before shutting down golf in October.

I’ve always been more comfortable with an anser-style blade. Really love my Odyssey Tank 1W and the versatility of the weights. Have a couple of mallets in the collection, and try them on occasion.

I’ve never been a full blade type player. The closest I’ve gotten was a 1W or Scotty Notchback. Thinking back I seem to putt my best with a mid mallet like a 330M or 6M shape.

Funny thing whenever my putting gets off line I grab my VLine I used at the Grandaddy to straighten me out.

I was a blade guy when I was a junior. But switched to mallet style as it fits my eye more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been playing a mallet of one type or another for some time. However, I feel that if I am really on with my putting, I make more birdie putts with a blade style. I just ordered and received a very nice Toulon Garage Long Island. I am hoping that it goes in the bag for this year. It is gorgeous. However, I got to play a round this week with some unusual weather in our area and I have to be honest and say that I feel much less confident with it. Looks don’t help the score. Time will tell.

I have used a blade putter my entire life except for the year I tried to transition to a mallet putter. I gave the mallet putter a years time to get use to but it didn't work out for me so I went back to a blade putter and once again feel more confident in my putting game.

I've been gaming a #9 for the last 5 years, so I'll go blade. But now that mallets come in the 7s variety I may be inclined to switch soon.

I am actually currently making myself make the switch to a mallet from a blade.

I've come to the realization that I'm just a blade guy, I've also come to the realization that I'm an atrocious putter with a mallet in my hand. I've wanted them to work so many times because I like the idea of them, but it really is unbelievably bad.

I used to think I was a mallet guy, specifically 2 ball, but I got fit into a blade and over time this has made more and more sense. I can align it so much better.

I voted blade, but my Seemore M1t is a larger blade, mallet like in a blade shape.

Mallet now with the Futura 5w in the mix. First putter change since 2005 from the Odyssey 2 Ball Blade 2.

Blade. Ive tried to like mallets but to me, they have no feel. With every mallet Ive ever tried, I always have problems with my speed. I either hit my putts way short or way past the hole.

Always been a blade kinda guy. Doesn't mean I haven't tried a mallet, but they just don't fit my "eye" ... maybe if I look out the other eye while using a mallet the ball might go in the hole more often.

Switched back to an Odyssey blade 3 or 4 years ago and it works (confidence) much better for me. When I was using mallets the bigger they got the worse I got at putting.

Back