Mallet or Blade?

• Mallet

Votes: 54 60.0%
  • Blade

Votes: 36 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Using blade now. Have gone back and forth but really prefer the look and feel of a blade. Putting was the best it ever was last year.

I used a blade for the first year I played back in the early '90s, tried a friend's mallet, and have played mallets ever since. However, I have been giving blades another look the last few months. There may be an Anser in my near future (tie-in to the OEM 14 thread).

I used to be a blade guy, and still like the way that they look, but I have been using the hell out of the BigT Vline and I don't see me moving away from this shape any time soon.

I voted mallet, but what I really like is a really wide flange blade. A center shafted Betti Queen B8 with a fit face would be drool worthy.

I alternate back and forth between mallets and blades; however I just picked up a new Seamus Golf putter cover, so I’ll be hitting 2018 with a blade (for now).

I'm currently using an Odyssey Versa Anser-type blade putter. Its been working pretty good, but I have an Odyssey mallet on reserve in the garage just in case.

I've played both from time to time. Currently a blade is in my bag but the Marxman slant could change that.

I am a wide flange blade guy. I was a mallet guy for a long time, but I could never seem to control speed. Then I tried a traditional blade, and liked the look and feel, but my speed control still wasn't good when I missed the center. The wide flange blade gives me the best of both worlds.

And validating my choice, a trip to Club Champion last year confirmed my current Piretti Cottonwood II is a good fit for me. So, I'll be a wide blade guy for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Never really been a blade guy, but I’m currently gaming and enjoying an old Seemore Si4 blade.

#FiberLaunch

Mallet for sure. So many options these days and I find them so much easier to putt with.

I voted mallet but I am more of a mid-mallet guy

I voted mallet but only because it was the only choice other than blade. I'm a 330M shape guy so that classifies as a little of both blade and mallet...semi mallet I guess.

I used to be a blade guy but I switched to a mallet in my old age.

I really want to try a evenroll mallet.

Always had a blade. Just bought first mallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I play the Odyssey O-Works 1W. I guess it’s a wide blade, but it’s face balanced like a mallet. So half a vote for each?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a mallet guy in the past but now I'm back to a blade after a putter fitting.

It's all about how you stroke it! One is better for you than the other.

Always had an issue with mallets, but now that more companies are coming out with the mallets with some toe hang, then could be something to look into. Also hoping to get a chance to go to the odyssey event and get fit by the people who would know best haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza
2nd putter: Scotty Red X 35"
Current putter: TP Berwick

So (mid)mallet for me, although if I were to get fitted I'd probably end up with a blade. I have just the slightest arc to my stroke so I probably don't need a face balanced putter.

Can and have gamed both but I'm definitely more of a mallet person. I find the alignment help extremely valuable. The fact that I'm pretty close to SBST doesn't hurt anything either.

Back