Votes: 36 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Following Odyssey's launch this week of a large number of mallet putters and watching the PGA and European event in Dubai this week it appears that the mallet is gaining a lot of traction on both tours. Amongst the THP community, what style is your primary flatstick at the moment?

I've been a blade guy all my life. I never could adjust to the feel or look of a mallet whether classic or modern high moi style.......until I happened upon my SeeMore Si3.

Blade for me. Everything else is just too "busy" to look at.

Big fan of jumping between the two. Have an old Redwood and Scotty Kombi I mess with.

Big fan of jumping between the two. Have an old Redwood and Scotty Kombi I mess with.

I thought you might game a “Spider”!

Blade for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always been a blade guy. Tried mallets on several occasions but they never stuck.

I've been a blade guy for awhile, but I'm never shutting the door on a mallet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm a blade guy. I have not given mallets a chance based on looks, I might need to do so

Mallet. But a classic mallet, not a freak mallet popular today.

I have always been a blade guy. I played a Ping B60 forever. Mallets always felt too hard to control for me (push and pull) with all the weight down at the bottom. Recently though I went to Golf Galaxy to make a return and went to their putter section and they had a used Odyssey 330M Tank Cruiser putter. It is counterbalanced with weight in the top of the shaft. That makes all the difference in the world. I putted in the store for about 30 minutes and couldn't hit it off my line. To me anyway mallets roll better, but until counterbalancing they were easier to push and pull. So with counterbalancing I like mallets.

Thought I was going to like a mallet but never found one that felt right. For some reason, I like the lightweight and smaller footprint of a blade.

I have a smaller mallet. I find the larger ones wield a lot of size, and my stroke has to be smooth back n through. If I get quick with a larger head I find it hard to recover

Mallet for me. Not a fan of the blade.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Have putted with nothing but mallets since I started playing the game.

Usually blades, but every once in a while I'll game a mallet.

Following Odyssey's launch this week of a large number of mallet putters and watching the PGA and European event in Dubai this week it appears that the mallet is gaining a lot of traction on both tours. Amongst the THP community, what style is your primary flatstick at the moment?

I was a long time mallet guy until I came across the wide blade face-balanced putter style such as the 1W. I believe Leishman uses one. But nonetheless, my answer to your question I suppose is that I prefer a hybrid of the 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switched to mallet about 4 years ago and haven’t rolled a blade since.

I am blade guy as of today but in my readings Scotty Cameron has said that mallets are easier to putt with. I have been testing some mallet putters and will probably buy one this season.

I would have picked “mid mallet” if it was an option. Those seem to work best for me. Compared to the TM Spider & other extreme mallets, mine look pretty small, but I’ve never done as well with a true blade putter

Used a blade all the way up to 2012 but it's been a mallet ever since, except for stretch of a few months a year or so ago.

Mallet for me. I need a long target line to help see my putting line!

Started playing back in the stone age with an 8802 and have been a blade guy ever since. Nothing about a mallet ever looks good to my eye.

Still gaming my Odyssey 2 ball until something pushes it out of my bag!

I have been playing ether my Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet or Rife Mid Mallet 400 for years. I can not find anything any better but I keep looking.

Back