Help Regarding a Colorado Vacation

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Wife and I are looking at going to Colorado next summer for vacation and need some help. I would really like something secluded on a moving river or lake within reasonable distance to amenities. Looking at Estes Park and Breckenridge but can venture anywhere if I can get something on the water.

A nearby golf course wouldnt be terrible as well :)

Anyone have any suggestions?

Look into Beaver Creek. There are a couple of resorts up there (Westin is one) river nearby and Red Sky golf club is awesome. Two 18's, one Fazio and the other a Norman design, the public plays the one not allocated to the members that day. I've played the course and it's beautiful.

I'm sure the Colorado crew will chime in also.

If your trying to stay in a larger town I really like Steamboat. If your wanting to get a little more off the beaten path Ouray and Lake City are two of the most beautiful places I've ever been.

Look into Beaver Creek. There are a couple of resorts up there (Westin is one) river nearby and Red Sky golf club is awesome. Two 18's, one Fazio and the other a Norman design, the public plays the one not allocated to the members that day. I've played the course and it's beautiful.

I'm sure the Colorado crew will chime in also.
Avon/Edwards area for this. Really cant go wrong with any place you choose. Most of these towns are on moving water and have good courses. Although anything on the I-70 corridor will be far from secluded.

I say let the wife hit up the local malls and we go on a tear around all metro Denver courses

Telluride

We've been out there a couple of times and like the Dillon/Silverthorn/Frisco, Summit County area. It has one big central area (but a small town feel) with all the amenities and easy access to Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper Mountain areas. Plenty of seclusion if you want, but lots of stuff within 20 minutes or so. There is a good size lake right there as well.

Back