Player Changing Equipment

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
With the DJ being a free agent talk I wonder what other guys may be sporting a new hat this year.

The other biggest name is Koepka.

Tiger might be in a Web.com hat?

I'm sorry, I had to take the shot. He's always been the man.
Damn I hope he makes a comeback!

I would guess Jason Day is exploring his options, but nothing will surface until the $$ speaks. With a stint at number 1, that's my best guess.

Jason Day is still under contract with TaylorMade.

I'm sorry, I had to take the shot. He's always been the man.
Damn I hope he makes a comeback!

I would guess Jason Day is exploring his options, but nothing will surface until the $$ speaks. With a stint at number 1, that's my best guess.

Is Day not locked in past the end of 2015 with TM?

Don't know, anybody? I'm not sure the details of his contract

I believe he is as JB eluded to but your post had me thinking perhaps you knew something we didn't.

I must have missed that. To who?

Isnt announced yet. Just speaking about his contract being up and his agent talking to every company out there.

I believe he is as JB eluded to but your post had me thinking perhaps you knew something we didn't.
I was just basing this off of the season he's had. I don't have any real insight into golf contracts, but some other sports are on a season to season basis. Are all golf contracts for multiple years? Or are some performance based?

Isnt announced yet. Just speaking about his contract being up and his agent talking to every company out there.
Dolla bills ya'll .

Koepka could be a good fit in the Chevron IMO.

I was just basing this off of the season he's had. I don't have any real insight into golf contracts, but some other sports are on a season to season basis. Are all golf contracts for multiple years? Or are some performance based?

They vary but many golfers due sign multi-year contracts.

KOEPKA is going to be a big catch for whomever signs him.

So if you're a sponsor, who do you sign? DJ or Koepka?

So if you're a sponsor, who do you sign? DJ or Koepka?

Depends on how much bang for the buck I want. I figure Koepka is about 1/4 the price of DJ

Koepka for me, he won't be cheap but he has the potential to be great. I would sign him for as long as I could.

That made me LMAO. I hope there's more coverage for the guys doing well this year than about how bad Tiger is doing. To me, it gets old really quickly.

i take Koepka. I think more upside and cheaper.
Main deal I would consider from the athlete's perspective is "big fish-little pond, or big pond little fish? He'd probably get a better deal from a company with less superstars, but possibly be sacrificing some perks and bonus checks

Per @RickScoreGolf:
Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau to Nike
Tom Watson and Marc Leishman to Callaway
Gary Woodland to TaylorMade

Also, pretty much every name rumored in the PXG thread except for Day/Spieth/DJ will be on that staff in 2016.

Finau is a loss for Callaway but he fits Nike's style. Leishman is a good signing for Callaway.

Finau is a loss for Callaway but he fits Nike's style. Leishman is a good signing for Callaway.

I agree on both, seems like a win win for both

Per @RickScoreGolf:
Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau to Nike
Tom Watson and Marc Leishman to Callaway
Gary Woodland to TaylorMade

Also, pretty much every name rumored in the PXG thread except for Day/Spieth/DJ will be on that staff in 2016.

Interesting info thanks for sharing!

Agreed.

I love these moves though. So excited to see everyone in the coming weeks in new gear

Back