2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the gym membership back. Meeting with a trainer on monday to hopefully get a solid schedule that isnt too much for the back to handle! Very excited to start this journey. The goal is 50 pounds.
Awesome man. Blu has been an excellent resource and I'm sure he can help you reach your goal too. We're all here to offer support if you need it.

Age/height/weight?

32, 6'4, 296lbs. Had back surgery 3 years ago for Cauda Equina Syndrome. Had a lumbar laminectimy amd lumbar dicestimy.

Was all set to lift tonight and was excited to squat in my new kicks and Im just too sore from Monday lol. Did a few extra sets and I'm feeling it. Will have to postpone till tomorrow I guess

Was all set to lift tonight and was excited to squat in my new kicks and Im just too sore from Monday lol. Did a few extra sets and I'm feeling it. Will have to postpone till tomorrow I guess
I've been told by a personal trainer friend that the best way to get over being sore is to get right back at it; it helps stretch out the muscles.

Age/height/weight?

Played semi professional hockey back in my younger years so the gym is not foreign to me. BUT now I am limited to what I can do. The outside of my left leg is permantly numb from the nerve damage from the CES.

32, 6'4, 296lbs. Had back surgery 3 years ago for Cauda Equina Syndrome. Had a lumbar laminectimy amd lumbar dicestimy.
Interesting. I'm curious what is reported back from your trainer.
Dude, soreness is weakness leaving the body.

d178181f3e1f458317fbd78f9e1758bc.jpg

That's the Blu equivalent of age/sex/location/pic? :alien:
That's what I'm reduced to.

#marriedguythings

I've been told by a personal trainer friend that the best way to get over being sore is to get right back at it; it helps stretch out the muscles.
Did that guy tell you it's pain leaving the body with an Austrian accent?

Did that guy tell you it's pain leaving the body with an Austrian accent?
You bought $200 msrp shoes that are made for squating. Go break them in.

You bought $200 msrp shoes that are made for squating. Go break them in.
Dammit coach!!! Aight put me in. Don't really have an excuse now that it's like 15 stairs away lol!

Dammit coach!!! Aight put me in. Don't really have an excuse now that it's like 15 stairs away lol!
We're only telling you what you already know. #thatswhatfriendsarefor

We're only telling you what you already know. #thatswhatfriendsarefor
Both of you guys and your truths!! Cant escape the motivation, pretty sure I love that.

Both of you guys and your truths!! Cant escape the motivation, pretty sure I love that.
And you have a power rack downstairs.

And you have a power rack downstairs.
Lol this is so backfiring on me. My legs are saying "Thank you sir may I have another". Lol ok seriously im heading down, you guys kick ass.

Curls tonight. Can you point me to the nearest squat rack?

85271b01ac85f4cd8db1b668a8bf7088.jpg

Second workout is in the books..This workout was on my own at my own gym following along to the plan set by the instructor.

Started with 25 minutes of cardio.

Then went through 17 different exercises all designed to work on increasing my flexibility and stengthening my core.

Some of the exercises like an external rotation really exposed that my rotation to my left side is really stiff and borderline limited.

Several exercises really worked the core and also placed a lot of emphasis on the glutes.

I ended with several upper body stretches which felt absolutely incredible. I have dealt with a left shoulder injury for the last 20 years and was worried how it would react to a couple of the stretches. I was pleasantly surprised to see the shoulder react really well.

A day of cardio only tomorrow and then back at it on Friday.

Ok ill admit it's not so bad once I stretched out and did a warm up set. It's a night and day difference squatting without squishy shoes omg! I felt really planted and doing my deads in them didn't feel as different as I thought.

Thanks for giving me a kick in the rear fellas

Ok ill admit it's not so bad once I stretched out and did a warm up set. It's a night and day difference squatting without squishy shoes omg! I felt really planted and doing my deads in them didn't feel as different as I thought.

Thanks for giving me a kick in the rear fellas
I know you're a tall SOB and are training in your basement, but presses are very different in stable shoes

Volume bench tonight. Kicking my arse.

Another 2 mile run this morning. I can say run today, since I cut about 40 seconds off of each mile. Down to 8:36 per mile pace. Feel great.

Another 2 mile run this morning. I can say run today, since I cut about 40 seconds off of each mile. Down to 8:36 per mile pace. Feel great.

Congrats. Im trying slowly to build my body up so I can run longer.

Today I ran 2 miles nonstop for the first time in a long time. Both were about 9:40 per mile. It feels so great so see the progress I am making.

Congrats. Im trying slowly to build my body up so I can run longer.

Today I ran 2 miles nonstop for the first time in a long time. Both were about 9:40 per mile. It feels so great so see the progress I am making.
Good job guys!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Great job fellas!

Don't know what I did, but my back is pretty sore today, making things rather uncomfortable. I was able to get my HIIT session in, but I think a few days off might be in order to rest up and regroup. Will be close on my goal, will have to see where I'm at after work to see what I need to do tonight to get where I need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back