Toulon Azalea Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Got a few questions about Sergio's new Toulon putter that he just won with and its a pretty neat story. Reached out to Sean Toulon at Odyssey who gave me the details.
It’s a heel toe blade, inspired by an old putter that he found in his father in laws garage over Christmas. We made a lot of tweaks to it and it came out great looking.

After the win in his first start with the company, I would expect to hear more about this model pretty soon.

SergioGarciaClubs.png

That's a cool story and a nice putter. Sergio is on FIYAH right now!

Yep, its a Zing shape. Classic. Very well done iteration of it from what I have seen.

I grew up playing a Zing 2.

If this is made available, I’ll have one in the bag. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome info and bag shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm excited to hear more about this one. By far my favorite blade shape of all time.

Maybe I missed it, but I can't tell what irons are in the bag, they are all lined up so you can only see the soles...do we know what he is playing?
Don't mean to hijack the thread...

Really sweet looking putter

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Maybe I missed it, but I can't tell what irons are in the bag, they are all lined up so you can only see the soles...do we know what he is playing?
Don't mean to hijack the thread...

Normally a THPer throws up a WITB thread, get this one got skipped. Instead of starting a new thread, here ya go.

Rogue Sub Zero Driver (9*) – Mitsubishi KuroKage Dual Core 70-TX Shaft

Rogue 3+ Fairway Wood (13.5*) – Mitsubishi KuroKage XT 80TX Shaft

Rogue Sub Zero Fairway Wood (18*) - Mitsubishi KuroKage XT 80TX Shaft

Apex Pro 16 Irons (3-4) – Nippon Modus 130x Shafts

Apex MB 18 Irons (5-9) - Nippon Modus 130x Shafts

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Wedges (48*, 54*, 60*) – Nippon Modus 130x Shafts

Odyssey Toulon Azalea Putter

A Chrome Soft X Golf Ball

Appear to be X forged and APEX MB's

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That is a nice looking putter and I love the name! But what's the over/under on how many tournaments Sergio has it in the bag, 3.5-ish? Dude is a world class putter hoe, I wonder what his username is on THP? :act-up:

Was commenting in the Toulon thread the other day that as nice as the Atlanta is, the Azalea was the one that really caught my eye.

Love that classic shape, looking forward to more photos of this one.

Sergio + Azalea = 2018 Masters Win (sorry...couldn't resist)

That's also really interesting that he went Apex Pro 16 in the long irons instead of the new X Forged. I wonder what the story is behind that, I guess it is technically still a current release though.

That's also really interesting that he went Apex Pro 16 in the long irons instead of the new X Forged. I wonder what the story is behind that, I guess it is technically still a current release though.

The apex pro are a pretty easy blend into a set. Makes sense in the longer irons to pursue a profile like that.

I’m more surprised that the new rogue lineup didn’t make the cut for him. Seems like a few viable options there.

Cool to see Sergio come away with the win using the Azalea!

Back