DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be getting forced to move. They are closing where I work. It's not looking good for me to stay local. Really don't have any idea where I will end up.
That sucks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Been quiet about it because I really have know idea what is going to happen. Should know something the first week of November.

Sorry to hear that afw, I hope and pray it works out for the best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't leave us Eddie!?! But understand if you have to go. Positive thoughts for you and your family buddy.

You can't leave us Eddie!?! But understand if you have to go. Positive thoughts for you and your family buddy.

Selfishly I'm not happy about this at all. But neither is Eddie.....doing what must be done to take care of the family at any cost.

Hey Texans....There will be some news involving THP & some very cool Texas things coming up in 2016.
Oh heck yeah! This will be epic!

May be getting forced to move. They are closing where I work. It's not looking good for me to stay local. Really don't have any idea where I will end up.
Oh man, so sorry to hear this. We'll keep you and the family in our thoughts and prayers.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll hear something come November 1.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll hear something come November 1.

Hope it works out for the best for you Eddie. I know how moving can suck, but sometimes it works out pretty good.

DO you know what areas are possibilities?

Hope it works out for the best for you Eddie. I know how moving can suck, but sometimes it works out pretty good.

DO you know what areas are possibilities?
Just guessing here. New York, Chicago, Los Angeles. But not positive. There could be a few other locations, but not sure at this time. The worst part will be leaving the family. Both kids are in high school, and I will not take them out. They are doing to good. Not going to disturb that. Just have to commute as much as possible.

Nooo Eddie you have to stay in safe area!!
Heading to the hood.
Already told the guys I work with to look for me over one of the street vents on time square. Only place I will be able to afford while paying for a home in Texas too.

Heading to the hood.
Already told the guys I work with to look for me over one of the street vents on time square. Only place I will be able to afford while paying for a home in Texas too.

Hope the news is better than expected in November. I bet we could find you something up this way with a decent commute if you need it.

Hope the news is better than expected in November. I bet we could find you something up this way with a decent commute if you need it.
Can you play golf year round or cook a steak on the sidewalk during the summer?
I don't think it will come to me heading to the north east, but Chicago and LA are definitely a posibility. Not sure which is the better choice. Costly as all get out, or cold as can be but more affordable.
Hoping to not have to make that choice. But I will make it if it comes down to it. I've been with this company since '86, not going to give it up just yet.

Sunday, 10/18
Meadowbrook (30 & 820)
8:22 AM

1) #Cookie
2) afwcardinal
3) djcoolaid1914
4) cwmonroe87

Everyone still a go? Looking forward to this!

I'm still good. Ready to tee it up Sunday.

I'm still good.

We still have room for one more and their wife/SO to dine with some of us local folks at http://www.farinaswinery.com/ in Grapevine next Saturday night.

A Bruce Springsteen tribute band will be playing a Tolberts and Monkey Love Band (70's-80's rock/party) will be at Willhoites if you want to see some late night entertainment after dinner. Come early a check out downtown Grapevine or stay late, it will be a good time.

Sorry to hear this Eddie, I know you will be ok though, nothing going to keep you down

see you gentlemen sunday morning.
i might look into getting a push cart so i can be part of the wolfpack...lol

see you gentlemen sunday morning.
i might look into getting a push cart so i can be part of the wolfpack...lol

I do have a spare clicgear cart I can bring if you want....it's pink.

I do have a spare clicgear cart I can bring if you want....it's pink.

my old athlethic mindset wont let me use one just yet in life. i still have some miles left on knees and back. lol
but i in all seriousness if we were playing in the summer i would take you up on that offer in a heartbeat, i wouldnt care what color it would be.

my old athlethic mindset wont let me use one just yet in life. i still have some miles left on knees and back. lol
but i in all seriousness if we were playing in the summer i would take you up on that offer in a heartbeat, i wouldnt care what color it would be.

Meadowbrook is a little hard to walk if your not use to it.

Meadowbrook is a little hard to walk if your not use to it.
I agree. First time I walked it, I didn't think I would finish. Especially 16 or 17, thats a straight up hill climb.

I agree. First time I walked it, I didn't think I would finish. Especially 16 or 17, thats a straight up hill climb.

Getting up to the 8th green and then the 17th tee box are.....umm....fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back