Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Irons Preview

These things look great in person. Look good at addressand the shape is flawless

Wilson Staff is on fire right now, these are spot on. They almost look perfect, my local shop is W/S friendly I can't wait to see these in person.

Definitely falls well within the F category of irons, but I was able to get these to launch pretty darn well. They were a little more demanding on the hands than I am used to, but I was very surprised to see me being able to hit these with some success. The better players out there (pretty much all of you) would seriously enjoy these irons. They look great in person too.
The "F" Category? So are these the continuation of the V4?

No sir. The M3.

Thanks. I'm a fan of W/S and quite happy to see them continue the over all aesthetics with chrome gold and black.

Thanks. I'm a fan of W/S and quite happy to see them continue the over all aesthetics with chrome gold and black.

It really does look sharp, and even better in hand. If you consider the Tour 100 blades as a "10" on the feel scale, IME these would be in the 6-7 range. Solid contact is definitely rewarded but mishits aren't punished nearly so much. Mid cappers could play these with confidence.

Love the looks, but I think all the W/S irons look great through all the lines. Probably a bit too much for my game (or lack thereof) but still great to look at.

I really do enjoy the looks of these, I love the numbers being more on the toe as well just a cool look.

These things look phenomenal in hand! I loved everything about them.

I would venture to say that these are my favorite looking irons, ever.

Last edited:
Good looking clubs, interesting to hear the tech and if there is anything special going on with the soles or not.

That makes a ton of sense these replace the m3. M doesn't really fit into F,C,D categories. Great improvement it looks like. I also like them moving away from the black finish the m3 had on the irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few things:

1. The pic makes the irons look "shinier" than they really are. To me finish wise they are more like the Ping G30 irons for example. Very sleek looking and looks extremely clean.

2. At address a very "nice" looking top line...not too beefy, not to skinny, something that exudes confidence for a wide variety of players.

I kinda wish I was in the market for irons just so o could own these.

WOW, those look really good! Never hit A Wilson club, might be time to try it.
You're honestly missing out. Wilson Staff is legit and they don't suffer from the price inflation you see from just about every other brand.

These look great. Definitely going to be looking at these when they hit the shelves.

I kinda wish I was in the market for irons just so o could own these.
Never too late to be in the market. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That makes a ton of sense these replace the m3. M doesn't really fit into F,C,D categories. Great improvement it looks like. I also like them moving away from the black finish the m3 had on the irons.

IMHO, the M3 and now F5 represent the true crossover point for Wilson's F/C categories. With the C series irons, you could work the ball if you needed to, but to me it felt like you had to exaggerate a bit to get the desired flight. Their tendency is straight, solid ball flight, with reliable distance gapping. With the F5 it felt much easier to get the draw or cut, but with that it was also easier to overdo it. If I can continue to improve my game and get the itch to move out of the "GI" type iron, the F5 will be my first stop in the search.

the M3s are the first irons in the current F category followed by the v4s. These being the replacement for the M3s fits right into that player iron that has forgiveness before jumping into the v4s

Must be something wrong with my eyes because I have to admit that I'm not a fan of these at all. Cavity looks too busy, and picture from address just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Hopefully those that do enjoy these hit them well.

I thought the M3s were the best looking club until these. I wish they would fit my game.

I thought the M3s were the best looking club until these. I wish they would fit my game.
I wouldn't discount them right away. These are designed to provide plenty of forgiveness.

These look pretty good. The only thing that I can see that doesn't suit my eye is the amount of offset

These look phenomenal. Looking forward to the feedback on these.

I'm really interested in the progression from the M3's. I know that many people said the M3's were significantly shorter distance wise to many comparable iron sets. Looking to see how these perform there. I know these aren't distance irons but hopefully a few yards are gained in the move to the F5's, while keeping the feel you'd expect with these.

Back