The Tommy Fleetwod thread

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Tommy is probably not a well known commodity around the US/PGA tour but had a great 2017 on the Euro tour winning twice on the Euro tour and winning the Race to Dubai and successfully defended his Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship today. He has gone from 100 in the OWGR to 18th in the last year and should be pushing the top 10 soon thanks to his win today.

We will get to see him quite often this year as he has taken a PGA tour membership this year and is scheduled to play on the tour thru May after a couple overseas events including this past week.

He had a good showing at the U.S. Open last year. They’ve said he has the potential, looks like things are rounding into form for him.

This guy deserves more attention for sure.
His game was stellar at the Hero Invitational and the 2018 Abu Dhabi HSBC.

Let's hope he gets some good wins in 2018!

Regards

Last edited:
Fleetwood definitely deserves more attention than he gets across the golfing world. He is definitely THP thread worthy. Would not be surprised at all to see him bag at least one major over the next 2 years.

dude can flat out play. loved watching him at the us open. becoming one of favorites to follow

Similar to Rahm he has jumped up the OWGR rankings over the last year with very little play on PGA tour. He's been a pro longer than Rahm and had a drop off before last year. I'm looking forward to seeing him over here during the spring.

dude can smash it for as small as he is. i think in one event the commentators mentioned that he was going to pursue acting when he was younger and had to choose between that or golf. seems like a good dude and i like the simplicity of his game.

Met the guy at Wentworth a few years ago and had a good 5 min chat at the back of the 5th tee, really easy to talk to and great he made time for people during his practice. When he's on he can take it to the best of them. The wife's been a big fan since!!

I enjoy watching Fleetwood play and hope he wins a few this year.

Back