Bushnell HYBRID Laser + GPS

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Bushnell Golf, makers of the #1 laser rangefinder, chosen by 97% of pros on the PGA Tour today, introduces the industry’s newest innovation – HYBRID. HYBRID combines the latest in Laser and GPS technologies to provide better data so golfers of all levels can make better decisions on the course. The new Bushnell HYBRID utilizes precise Laser and GPS yardages allowing the golfer to see distance like never before.

“HYBRID provides golfers more information than ever before. The two technologies ‘talk’ so that the golfer sees the front and back distances of the green in relation to the pin that is targeted with unmatched accuracy by the laser,” said John DeCastro, Bushnell Golf Product Lane Director. “The introduction of the HYBRID demonstrates Bushnell Golf’s commitment to providing the best, most accurate information so those who golf with Bushnell can play their best golf”

The new Bushnell HYBRID takes the guesswork out of the game by displaying the lasered distances to the pin and GPS provided front and back yardage readings within the LCD. Additionally, Bushnell has incorporated exterior GPS front, center and back yardages to assist with correct club selections when golfers have cart path only or blind shots.

To support the power required by the combination of GPS and laser technology in the Bushnell HYBRID, the brand introduced the use of Dual Power Technology. The CR2 battery will power the laser and the USB rechargeable lithium ion battery will power the GPS. Dual Power Technology allows you to be able to able to use your laser, even if the GPS is not charged.

Additionally, Bushnell Golf includes PinSeeker with JOLT Technology amongst the host of features offered in the new HYBRID. When the golfer aims the HYBRID at the flag, JOLT provides short, vibrating bursts to reinforce that Bushnell’s advanced PinSeeker Technology has isolated the target and locked onto the flag. The vibrating bursts provided by JOLT Technology ensure golfers have the exact distance to the flag.

Key Differentiators
1st ever integrated Laser/GPS display
Dual Battery source (CR2 for Laser, USB for GPS)

HYBRID Laser Features
PinSeeker w/ JOLT Technology
Accurate to 1 yard
5X Magnification
Ranges 400 yards to a Flag
Fast Focus System
Stable-Grip Technology
Tournament Legal

GPS Features
Exterior Front/Center/Back Readouts
Up to 4 hazard distances per hole
Bluetooth for auto course updates
Auto course recognition
Auto hole advance

The HYBRID will be available at Bushnell Golf retailers nationwide beginning in April. Retail price for the HYBRID is $399.99.

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-21%20at%2010.11.57%20AM-M.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-21%20at%2010.11.43%20AM-S.png

How good is this?! Laser and GPS. A quick glance or point and shoot. Battery runs out on laser still have GPS and visaversa. I like it, I like it a lot.

Bushnell HYBRID Laser + GPS

That is really cool. Any chance THP will be able to get a look at one at the PGA show this week?

The price point is very solid as well, if I recall correctly it’s right in line with their previous releases isn’t it?

I have been thinking about getting a new range finder. This one moves to top of the list

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That is really cool. Any chance THP will be able to get a look at one at the PGA show this week?

The price point is very solid as well, if I recall correctly it’s right in line with their previous releases isn’t it?

If they have it at the show, we’ll have photos of it

If they have it at the show, we’ll have photos of it

Thanks MWard! I wasn’t sure if they typically have a presence at the show.

• Admin

Yes of course. We will have some content coming from the show floor.

Yes of course. We will have some content coming from the show floor.

Excellent! This is one accessory type item I’m really really interested in.

Very impressive. At first glance I thought numbers would only be on the outside display, but being able to see them in the sight is phenomenal. Kind of shocked they were able to keep the price point within normal range as well. Good stuff

This is incredible. First thing I worried about was batteries but they solved for that. Will be interesting to see if other manufacturers jump on board with similar offerings. Look forward to the in hand thoughts from the show.

Very impressive. At first glance I thought numbers would only be on the outside display, but being able to see them in the sight is phenomenal. Kind of shocked they were able to keep the price point within normal range as well. Good stuff

Yeah that was done with their first hybrid, which was basically a little NEO type device on the outside of a V2 or similar. This does appear to bring it to another level.

Damn, this seems legit - 2 options 2 power sources- GpS and laser in the optics field.

This might be the one that gets me to upgrade my V3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it alot, definitely need one if these this year been putting off on buying one lately due to cost. Like the dual technology and battery, are they gonna bring one out with slope?

Last edited:
Wow this is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The best of both worlds. I like it a lot and an see myself ditching my watch for this unit.

I like this a lot. I've been known to both wear my GPS watch and user my rangefinder in the past and this obviously solved having to do that.

This is a press release

Bushnell Golf, makers of the #1 laser rangefinder, chosen by 97% of pros on the PGA Tour today, introduces the industry’s newest innovation – HYBRID. HYBRID combines the latest in Laser and GPS technologies to provide better data so golfers of all levels can make better decisions on the course. The new Bushnell HYBRID utilizes precise Laser and GPS yardages allowing the golfer to see distance like never before.

“HYBRID provides golfers more information than ever before. The two technologies ‘talk’ so that the golfer sees the front and back distances of the green in relation to the pin that is targeted with unmatched accuracy by the laser,” said John DeCastro, Bushnell Golf Product Lane Director. “The introduction of the HYBRID demonstrates Bushnell Golf’s commitment to providing the best, most accurate information so those who golf with Bushnell can play their best golf”

The new Bushnell HYBRID takes the guesswork out of the game by displaying the lasered distances to the pin and GPS provided front and back yardage readings within the LCD. Additionally, Bushnell has incorporated exterior GPS front, center and back yardages to assist with correct club selections when golfers have cart path only or blind shots.

To support the power required by the combination of GPS and laser technology in the Bushnell HYBRID, the brand introduced the use of Dual Power Technology. The CR2 battery will power the laser and the USB rechargeable lithium ion battery will power the GPS. Dual Power Technology allows you to be able to able to use your laser, even if the GPS is not charged.

Additionally, Bushnell Golf includes PinSeeker with JOLT Technology amongst the host of features offered in the new HYBRID. When the golfer aims the HYBRID at the flag, JOLT provides short, vibrating bursts to reinforce that Bushnell’s advanced PinSeeker Technology has isolated the target and locked onto the flag. The vibrating bursts provided by JOLT Technology ensure golfers have the exact distance to the flag.

Key Differentiators
1st ever integrated Laser/GPS display
Dual Battery source (CR2 for Laser, USB for GPS)

HYBRID Laser Features
PinSeeker w/ JOLT Technology
Accurate to 1 yard
5X Magnification
Ranges 400 yards to a Flag
Fast Focus System
Stable-Grip Technology
Tournament Legal

GPS Features
Exterior Front/Center/Back Readouts
Up to 4 hazard distances per hole
Bluetooth for auto course updates
Auto course recognition
Auto hole advance

The HYBRID will be available at Bushnell Golf retailers nationwide beginning in April. Retail price for the HYBRID is $399.99.

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-21%20at%2010.11.57%20AM-M.png

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-21%20at%2010.11.43%20AM-S.png

Holy sh!t this is cool. Guess that “gps or laser” question is now irrelevant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be my must have purchase for this year. I tend to play different courses and I think this could really help. I like the GPS on new courses so I can get better numbers for front/middle/back and also to bunkers, water etc.

this is a very neat idea, I can't wait to read more on these, I just hope they managed to keep it on the lighter side

I haven’t considered a new rangefinder but this totally changes that. I would buy this I a heartbeat

Wow, this is the one; I like it!

I want to upgrade my Golfbuddy Platinum this year and this one looks like its leading, in terms of possibilities.

This device sounds amazing. All the features of both measuring devices with independent power sources all rolled up in one unit.

Now this is interesting! Seems like they took what worked in their previous hybrid and blew it out of the water with the newest tech. I'll be looking forward to feedback as my V3 is getting old and draining battery.

Back