Bushnell Phantom GPS

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Phantom is offered in four colors - Black, Red, Electric Blue, Neon Yellow - and will be available at retail in late-February for $99.99.

The Phantom comes preloaded with more than 36,000 courses and provides simple measurements to the front, center and back distances of the green - along with up to four hazard/layup distances per hole. The Phantom unveils "Bite Technology." Equipped with a high powered magnet the Phantom can easily attach to a cart bar or any metal surface, providing quick and easy yardage readings. Additional features include auto course and auto hole recognition, shot distance calculator and long battery life (play up to two rounds before charging).

Untitled-3.jpg

That's sharp and a great price for proven Bushnell performance. Easy little device that appears to be able to sit in a pocket for a walker also.

Bushnell starting the show off with a bang. These look like a pretty good option for those who like a simple GPS option.

• Admin
That's sharp and a great price for proven Bushnell performance. Easy little device that appears to be able to sit in a pocket for a walker also.

I think the magnet could be one of the best additions to a GPS yet for riders. My course has GPS on the carts already, but if it didn't I would pin one up on there for sure. Good price point for simple, yet solid measurements.

I think the magnet could be one of the best additions to a GPS yet for riders. My course has GPS on the carts already, but if it didn't I would pin one up on there for sure. Good price point for simple, yet solid measurements.

Definitely....think this could also stick onto many of the push carts out there. And price would be hard to beat.

Im trying to figure out where I could put this on my cart, the magnet is a good addition for sure.

• Admin
Definitely....think this could also stick onto many of the push carts out there. And price would be hard to beat.

Good point. I can already see it now...How many golfers stick in on the post of the golf cart and then leave and then call the club to say they left it there : )

Bushnell has proven to put out quality gps devices. This seems like the perfect device for walkers who need a quick yardage number.

Great price point for simple yet effective yardage device, and the magnet is a definitely plus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Im trying to figure out where I could put this on my cart, the magnet is a good addition for sure.

On my Clicgear I think it could stick onto metal where the netting is? Think there are a few points of metal exposure and it shouldn't require much.

Good point. I can already see it now...How many golfers stick in on the post of the golf cart and then leave and then call the club to say they left it there : )

LOL....folks already forget the rangefinders they attach via magnet....something this small would definitely get overlooked.

The Phantom comes preloaded with more than 36,000 courses and provides simple measurements to the front, center and back distances of the green - along with up to four hazard/layup distances per hole.
Honestly, that is all the information I need and this is exactly why I'm still carrying a Golfbuddy Platinum I bought several years ago. The Phantom would 'fit the bill' perfectly. I'm assuming I can hang it from my belt loop or bag as well?

Looks like a nice little update to the Neo Ghost. I had one of those for a while, great little device only issue I had with it was it took a long time to find the courses, other than that great little GPS unit for the price. Love the colors too, maybe that will help with forgetting it on those carts haha

“Bite Technology” sounds so much cooler than simply saying a magnet. Great price point on these.

I like the looks. Magnet would come in handy for sure, but prefer to keep mine on belt so I don't ever forget it.

I have the Ghost. tempted to update but mine works perfectly fine. I bought the watch clip attachment on amazon for it but I just attach it to my bag that way. Great little device tho

I pre-ordered the Neon Yellow version - - I already use a Bushnell Neo Ghost, but the Phantom comes with a couple of upgrades, including the magnets. I ordered the brighter color so I will remember to grab it from the cart at the end of a round!

Got my first round in with Phantom GPS yesterday. I compared yardages with my playing partner’s GPS watch; no noticable difference between them. The BITE magnets on Phantom are a nice touch - just place the Phantom on the cart frame, and away you go! It connects to my iPhone via Bluetooth for additional features; I’ll concentrate on that during my next round.

Overall, Phantom GPS is a handy little GPS unit that won’t break your wallet!

A quick 360 view of the Phantom.

One of the coolest GPS units out there imo.

Yeah that's a great idea.

The one thing that I'd be looking for is an added hook element to attach to a golf bag. In the past I've had distance measuring units like this and had to use some string to attach it when i am walking which made it a bit less appealing. Obviously this would easily hook onto pants or something like that, but I'd love the ability to connect directly with the bag.

great improvements form the older model. i still have the old one and had to buy a strap attachment to be able to hang it on my bag

Yeah that's a great idea.

The one thing that I'd be looking for is an added hook element to attach to a golf bag. In the past I've had distance measuring units like this and had to use some string to attach it when i am walking which made it a bit less appealing. Obviously this would easily hook onto pants or something like that, but I'd love the ability to connect directly with the bag.

You could do that.
I think the direct idea behind this one is the magnet to use on the cart.
I think you could equip this to the bag with the same magnet however with some ingenuity (I lack it).

You could do that.
I think the direct idea behind this one is the magnet to use on the cart.
I think you could equip this to the bag with the same magnet however with some ingenuity (I lack it).

It's an obvious want today, I think. My course is now selling magnetic wraps for rangefinders that would basically do the same. Having that type of thing already on the unit makes it even better.

It's an obvious want today, I think. My course is now selling magnetic wraps for rangefinders that would basically do the same. Having that type of thing already on the unit makes it even better.

Yeah we have a bunch of those wraps around the office. They work rather well. My issue is remembering its there.

Shipping info says the Phantom will be here today! I have my sons baseball game right after work so I will get some in hand pics up here later tonight!

Back