Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The jet black murdered out finish looks awesome. And cool to hear that the tour players inspired that finish

Great article, agree with Mike those black wedges look awesome.

Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedges

That gunmetal-Esque brushed steel looks mean, also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the look of the brushed steel.

BTW, I love the way the articles look on the Hub!

The jet black murdered out finish looks awesome. And cool to hear that the tour players inspired that finish
Agreed those are really intriguing. Nice write up!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Never been a Vokey guy but love what they did here with the grinds and making it very easy to understand what should work for you and your shot preferences / turf conditions.

I like the new finishes and how they break down the grinds. They are easy to understand and implement depending on your course conditions.

That jet black wedge is awesome!

Really like the jet black and brushed steel finishes. Also really like the detailed explanations they give about what the various grinds best suit. That has always been something I have never fully understand but feel I could make an educated decision after reading their descriptions.

That's Jet Black is fantastic. I really loved the SM6 - it'll be cool to see what they did to improve upon that.

Normally I would be all about the jet black option, but the steel gray also looks really good!

The new D grind makes me wonder a bit. With SM5 and SM6, I went S grind in 54 and M grind in 58. Now I'm wondering whether M grind or D grind is better for me in the 58. I'm normally shallow with my swing and don't take big divots, but we also get some softer turf conditions up here in New England (especially in spring and fall) and I'm wondering if the added bounce on the D grind makes more sense. I also like my 58 to be my main bunker club. It would be fun to talk to someone that fits these wedges about the choice between the D grind and M grind.

Not a hokey player normally, but I’m super impressed with the look of the black finish, and the simple explanations of the different grinds and what they’re good for.

i would love to go to a titleist thursday and test the grinds. grind options are so good for amateurs, but it's tough to find a place to test and make an informed decision for your game.

i find it interesting that the f grind is meant for full shots and square face shots, yet it's the most popular grind for 54/56 on tour. i guess those guys play those shots differently than i do!

i think i would go 48f, 52s, 56k, 60d. but a fitting would help make that decision easier.

Normally I would be all about the jet black option, but the steel gray also looks really good!

The new D grind makes me wonder a bit. With SM5 and SM6, I went S grind in 54 and M grind in 58. Now I'm wondering whether M grind or D grind is better for me in the 58. I'm normally shallow with my swing and don't take big divots, but we also get some softer turf conditions up here in New England (especially in spring and fall) and I'm wondering if the added bounce on the D grind makes more sense. I also like my 58 to be my main bunker club. It would be fun to talk to someone that fits these wedges about the choice between the D grind and M grind.

I was about to say the same thing on the finishes, the steel grey looks tremendous.

Really like the jet black and brushed steel finishes. Also really like the detailed explanations they give about what the various grinds best suit. That has always been something I have never fully understand but feel I could make an educated decision after reading their descriptions.

I agree. They did a good job of explaining grind options with the SM6 series but they've improved on it and made it even simpler this year I think.

Price stayed MAP at 149.. nice. So, so, nice

I'm intrigued by the brushed steel and jet black. Oh and btw first article with the new style, really digging it, very easy to read

I will say, the brushed steel gray looks phenomenal. As does the jet black. These are always pretty great wedges with a lot of bounce and grind options. My old DSG actually has about 60 SM6 and I always played around with them. May have to try these.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i would love to go to a titleist thursday and test the grinds. grind options are so good for amateurs, but it's tough to find a place to test and make an informed decision for your game.

i find it interesting that the f grind is meant for full shots and square face shots, yet it's the most popular grind for 54/56 on tour. i guess those guys play those shots differently than i do!

i think i would go 48f, 52s, 56k, 60d. but a fitting would help make that decision easier.

My pro uses grind throughout his setup. IMO the guys on tour have the ability to manipulate and control the face of a club better and have a repeatable move so not surprised they can use an s grind for everything.

I'm in the same boat and torn between those options. I don't take big divots but do play in soft conditions, like to open the face, and play the 58* from the bunker almost all the time.

I'm in the same boat and torn between those options. I don't take big divots but do play in soft conditions, like to open the face, and play the 58* from the bunker almost all the time.

I'd also think more bounce would be good out of Bermuda grass, right? Or am I wrong on that?

Saw these a few weeks ago now, and I am still not a fan of the looks, prefer the Cleveland RTX line of wedges

Very interesting. Haven't gamed a Vokey in forever, but really like these (as well as the SM6s fwiw). I gravitate towards the non-chrome finishes personally.

Love the layout in the hub for reading articles. Big time improvement.

Back