Anyone else like loud drivers?

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
One of my favorite clubs to this day is my Cleveland Hi-Bore not only because it's a distance machine (especially considering the it's 10 years old) but I love the pop off the face it's LOUD. My Callaway Epic on the other hand is the most consistent driver I've ever hit, but it sounds like a wet sock when pured. I've read a ton of reviews that complain about the noise off certain drivers, but I love the feedback from a loud ringing driver.

I love the louder sound. Had a Cobra F Speed Driver that sounded like a baseball coming off a metal bat. I loved it and it always rattled the guys I was playing with, especially when it outdrove them in the fairway. My bio cell doesn’t quite make that sound and I miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also like the louder drivers. The Epic and the TM’s sound dull to me.

Miss it dearly. Always played Cobra, they were always very loud. Until recently. My 440sz was probably the loudest driver I ever hit. Miss that club.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I dislike loud drivers so much.

I also like the louder drivers. The Epic and the TM’s sound dull to me.

The XR you have in your Sig has a good sound to it! I have an XR-15 and it definitely has a solid feedback tone to it.

Lol! I had a Cleveland Hibore. Describing it as a pop...not sure what to call it, but it could actually make your ears ring.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Doesn’t bother me either way. A driver could go oink oink and so long as it worked for me I’d bag it

My bio cell would make a loud noise, sometimes i would see a head or 2 turn and look to see my ball fly miles off target, I like a ting noise but not loud

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Hit the BombTech Grenade driver ... you wanna talk Loud! You better put in ear plugs cause you will be heard all over the golf course with that one.

I dislike loud drivers so much.

Me also. I love the muted sound of the Epic SZ but the slightly harsher sound of the regular Epic makes it a non starter for me.

No. Loud was the rage a long time ago and I don't really understand why.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

The Beres driver is on the loud side, but the sound is really good. Sound isn't something I really noticed that much, unless there's someone hitting one of those square Nike drivers or a PING club in an enclosed bay next to me.

Does not bother me one way or the other. Just go far and straight.

I like having ear drums that function properly into my 70s. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I used to play a Cleveland Launcher, the one with the flat back, that was so loud it hurt my ears. I loved it =)

Had a Nike Sumo square driver years ago.It sounded like hitting a large aluminum trash can with a bat.When I went to the range,everyone would look to see what the heck was causing all the noise. I do like a solid thump sound to the driver when I hit it and some some of the new carbon ones are too muted for me.

Me also. I love the muted sound of the Epic SZ but the slightly harsher sound of the regular Epic makes it a non starter for me.

The muted regular Epic sound was a big negative for me. The Ping G400 sound is just right. My XXIO is pretty loud.

Hard pass on the loud. Gross.

I like having ear drums that function properly into my 70s. No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Same sentiment.

Had a Nike Sumo square driver years ago.It sounded like hitting a large aluminum trash can with a bat.When I went to the range,everyone would look to see what the heck was causing all the noise. I do like a solid thump sound to the driver when I hit it and some some of the new carbon ones are too muted for me.

I had one of these too.

It was definitely the chihuahua of drivers.

I'll notice differences in sound between drivers, but sound doesn't play a role in what I'll play.

I remember the old Callaway ERC that was deemed illegal, that was a LOUD driver, but so much fun to hit, too!

Especially when hitting the driver on the range, it echos so harsh. Everyone giving you mean mugs. Love the sound of the Epic SZ

Back