What Would You Shoot?

I am not sure. I would guess around 100

I've never tried the 3 club deal, so I would have to SWAG it at 86-90.
It could go a lot higher since my game really depends on good wedge play right now.

We played a three club nine in our league this year and I was in the 40s with 7 iron, wedge and putter. I would probably expect to be in the 100s with driver 7 iron putter. Getting the ball to stop on any green from partial swing range would be really tough, forget about the bunkers.

I think on most holes I could keep it out of the water off the tee. But I usually miss the green. Trying to get up and down, say, 15 times from bunkers with a 7 iron could push the score up a bit.

So...130?

Nah. 140.

I have no idea. I've played 9 with only a 7i and shot 39 but there were a few lucky bounces involved there.

95. I'm not a fan of my 7, I have chipping yips, sort-of, and pitching/opening with a 7 would be murder. I'm good with driver and putter, it's the 7 that would cause me issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really sure, the issue for me would certainly be if I ended up in a green side bunker, 7 iron out of that would be difficult. If I could keep it out of the sand I'd say in the 90's. I could pitch my 7 iron ok so that would help.

6000yds means I'd be hitting 7i from tee most every hole. Give myself 3 shots to get on green, 2 putt... I'd say I'd be in the 90s for sure

I'm going to go with 100 to 120 which is pretty much where I'm at anyway. Mostly because I'd probably make less dumb decisions with less clubs.

The only thing that throws me for a loop is having a 7 iron to chip/pitch with where the greens are guarded. It would be though to get on the green if you miss your approach shots.

6000yds means I'd be hitting 7i from tee most every hole. Give myself 3 shots to get on green, 2 putt... I'd say I'd be in the 90s for sure

Different altitudes and no roll might make you change your mind.

Different altitudes and no roll might make you change your mind.
Let's say 390 yd par 4. Driver would mean 270 to 280 range at sea level. That leaves 120, which is no good for 7i. If I hit 7i (170 to 180) that leaves me another 7i and possible chip. Then 2 putt. Yeah I'd probably be hitting 7i off 16 tees. The par 3s would be where I'm in the most trouble trying to finess the 7i

Let's say 390 yd par 4. Driver would mean 270 to 280 range at sea level. That leaves 120, which is no good for 7i. If I hit 7i (170 to 180) that leaves me another 7i and possible chip. Then 2 putt. Yeah I'd probably be hitting 7i off 16 tees. The par 3s would be where I'm in the most trouble trying to finess the 7i

You carry the ball 270-280 at sea level? Whoa! NEVER EVER CHANGE A THING! That is DJ like distance brother. That is awesome.

You carry the ball 270-280 at sea level? Whoa! NEVER EVER CHANGE A THING! That is DJ like distance brother. That is awesome.
I should be about 265 carry. Absolutely zero roll??? I'd still probably be best managing the course with 7i off the tee

I'm kinda hoping I have a bad front 9 tomorrow so I can try this on the back. Granted, the course won't be as difficult as what JB was trying but still fun nonetheless.

Interesting, I have no idea.

I want to try though.

I've seen him do it. When he's hitting well they even go straight. East Texas Masters first round we were saying "nice shot Kang" before he even hit his tee ball.

It would depend upon the course layout and conditions. Wet? 110. Dry where I can bump and run? 95.

It really was everywhere. Its much harder with these specific clubs than people think. The water was everywhere when these are your only two full swing club options.

It sounds really tricky, but definitely something I want to try now as a glutton for punishment. My guess is I have 3 holes that work out as a normal 7i into a par 3 or driver 7i into a par 4. Other than that, my head hurts trying to figure out what to do.

Might try this next time out even if it's just for 9 holes.

I think the important question is, how many of you have hit your driver off the deck? :alien:

I think the important question is, how many of you have hit your driver off the deck? :alien:

Really not sure there's ever a situation you'd need that unless you can't hit it with decent distance off the tee.

Really not sure there's ever a situation you'd need that unless you can't hit it with decent distance off the tee.
Sure there is a situation, it'd be when you want to guarantee 110+ on a tight course with water in every hole.

Sure there is a situation, it'd be when you want to guarantee 110+ on a tight course with water in every hole.

And this course it's in play on every single hole.
Wardy.....it's waterlefe.

And this course it's in play on every single hole.
Wardy.....it's waterlefe.

Oh man...that video of Wardy hitting out of the water a few years back...haha...priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would probably do pretty good . Driver and 7 I are my favorite 2 clubs, however when i get to the greens the strokes add up. Most certainly to be a score of 100-110 .

Back