Cobra KING Black Wedges

Had an interesting conversation with another club builder today. He said he was working on one of these last week and, due to the DBM plating, when he was adjusting the lie, the hosel SNAPPED right off!

I had to ask him again to clarify as I thought he meant the plating had broken, but sure enough, on the corner of his bench he had the club in two pieces! I am amazed that the plating hardens the club so much that they can't be bent.

How did he get one to bend for someone? They aren't out until April?

Didn't ask. Didn't know they're not out yet. Early tour model maybe?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Maybe but that wouldn’t change the fact that there is no plating, right? I had mine bent, so will reach out to them and find out about any issues they are seeing.

Maybe but that wouldn’t change the fact that there is no plating, right? I had mine bent, so will reach out to them and find out about any issues they are seeing.
I suppose i could be using the term incorrectly, but is DBM a form of plating?

I suppose i could be using the term incorrectly, but is DBM a form of plating?

No. Check out the THP TV video. These wedges are not plated. Jose explains what happens to cause the darker appearance. It’s why I’m curious about the breakage because that would mean that most wedges would be that fragile.

No. Check out the THP TV video. These wedges are not plated. Jose explains what happens to cause the darker appearance. It’s why I’m curious about the breakage because that would mean that most wedges would be that fragile.
And that was exactly my argument. The discussion began about bending the black SM7s. He said he was nervous because of the experience he had with the Cobra. My mind immediately went to manufacturing defect. Even if he had bent the crap out of it I can't imagine it breaking.

Just as a general rule and confirmation of what I think I already know.. I should order versatile grind for MC? Ohio is typically between soft and hard. Depends on the course and time of year. I do have a very steep angle of attack according to trackman

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Just as a general rule and confirmation of what I think I already know.. I should order versatile grind for MC? Ohio is typically between soft and hard. Depends on the course and time of year. I do have a very steep angle of attack according to trackman

That’s hard to say. We have a good THP tv spot with Roger Cleveland talking about grinds. While it’s not Cobra, it’s not really brand specific either.

has anybody had the classic, versatile and wide low grinds in hand? i had the PURs in the bag last year, but only ever saw the v grind and wl grinds, never the classic. i want the grind with the most sole camber. i'm thinking that's classic grind but not positive.

Sorry I just saw this. I had (have) all three in my PUR's. I'll snap a pic of all three side by side later today.

Oh, also.

I have one of these in for review. :alien:

I think these only come in versatile grind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Read over the first post PatsFan.
Sorry I misread it before, that makes me happy I want my 60 wl.

I can't wait to try these out :cobra:

I really want to see one of these in person. I think they look excellent!

Hai.

df90d0da0135202012117806a419c28b.jpg

9a7fd350c858bebaab629bce3e01201f.jpg

17cb0aafbe18f5f2af820d6dc91299fe.jpg

ab5e76b8c021cf7cc114761083178041.jpg

799b096c5d06f19d3b1c82ed712e4f01.jpg

Oh oh oh!
Haha, just wait until I get this one in the photo box, gonna POP on that white background! Once again, Cobra has one of the best looking wedges out there.

Haha, just wait until I get this one in the photo box, gonna POP on that white background! Once again, Cobra has one of the best looking wedges out there.

For sure, soooo sweet!
If looks equals performance, then....

good gawd those are phenomenal. i think i'm going to leave the shafts stock when i place my order. they just look so good, and i've had success with those in the past.

i think i'll leave the orange paint fill on one of the wedges (youngest's favorite color), go light blue on another for my oldest, and light purple on the third for my wife.

They really do look amazing. I can't wait to see them in person.

officially ordered these for the morgan cup. these were just too beautiful to pass up, and hearing that the finish is so durable has me even more excited. if the order can be fulfilled as requested, i'll be gaming a new grind for me in the "classic" grind. cobra's site says this is a thinner sole but high bounce. the bounce is what i'm most excited about, and i'm thinking the shape of the sole will have a good bit of camber which will be nice. i need a lot of help with inconsistent contact around the greens, and i'm thinking this grind will be perfect.

I did the same grind.....can’t wait to put these to work!

Versatile grinds it is!

Back