What's the longest club you hit off the turf?

What's the longest club you hit off the turf?

• Driver

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 3 wood

Votes: 103 61.3%
  • 5 wood/3 hybrid

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • 3 iron

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 4 hybrid

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 4 iron

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 5 iron

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 6 iron

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
I hit a driver off the turf. It's not always successful but maybe 50-50.

5w is it. Last fitting we found that I now hit a 5w father than a 3w.

I voted 5W/3H, because there was no option for 2H..

5wood. It's a shot I have that I know I can count on. Outside of my own bag I tried my buddies Callaway mini driver off the deck and that thing is also a great club for me off the deck.

3W. When driver heads were smaller 12+ years ago I'd occasionally go driver off the deck. Was great for a very low, running skipping shot. Had to be a wide open fairway with no hazards.

For me it's my SLDR Mini. It also happens to be the longest club I carry.

my 4 wood is money! I actually should use it in some situations where I pull out my driver, as it is substantially more accurate than my big stick.

Have never needed to hit driver off the deck, so I guess 3-wood for me.

I can and have hit driver off the deck. But that's a few random times a year. No hesitation to hit a 3 wood, or my mini driver from the deck.

Driver. It's rare but I can. Arydolphin was with me once when I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can and have hit driver off the deck. But that's a few random times a year. No hesitation to hit a 3 wood, or my mini driver from the deck.

This for me as well.

Heavenwood. All day.

3w semi confidently. 5w very Confidently.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

3wood, very confidently!

5 wood for me, anything above that and I have no clue what the outcome is going to be.

getting better with my 5 wood but still need more practice off the grass to be more confident. I recently picked up a 3HYB that is working very well for me at the moment.

4W (17*) & just playing a 5i. Think I could hit 4i.

My longest 3w was 223 yards and my longest 5w was 219. Both of them were out of the rough. The fairway distances are 1 yard and 10 yards shorter with both clubs. I feel way more confident hitting a 5w then either my 3w or 3h that sometimes finds its way into the bag. I only use my 3w off the tee (low) now because the outcome usually isn't very good off the deck unless the ball happens to be sitting up a little. I still grab the 5w because I am getting more confidence using it. What I find depressing is using my 5w for 200+ yard approaches on par 5's. That is not a recipe for too much success with my handicap level. I've done it many times but would rather be using mid irons if I could get my driver act working.

3w no problem - I've tried driver off the deck numerous times and its always been a disaster so I don't even bother anymore.

This. Some wild results have come with this shot.

I can go as high as my 3w, but I definitely hit my Heavenwood more consistently

bad day with the 3w off the deck yesterday. That's very unusual as I had been hitting it well off the deck of late.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I don't hesitate to reach for my 2h (18°). It's gotta be really open with no trouble around to pull the 3 wood ... having a mental breakdown / loss of confidence with it lately...

Mashie 2H (18*). Love that thing. Rarely hit a bad shot with it.

I probably haven't hit my 3 wood in 4 or 5 rounds. Hit the 2H just as far, and much more consistently.

Back