Difference between Men's and Women's clubs

Maric

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know that women's clubs have shorter shafts, but what else is different? Shape? Weight?

I know that women's clubs have shorter shafts, but what else is different? Shape? Weight?

Reduced head weight, reduced shaft weight, increased loft, and smaller grips should round out the "womens" clubs difference. For the record, no LPGA player uses "womens" clubs =)

More often than not, it's just the shaft and maybe visual aesthetics like color. Sometimes they'll have slightly different lofts. A good portion of the time however they're identical (other than the shaft of course). If I want to test a club, I'll grab a woman's club for cheaper than the men's version, reshaft it, and then give it a whirl.

i still vividly remember being at love is in the air sponsored by cobra golf, and a few of us taking swipes with their ladies drivers. i'm here to tell you pretty much every one of us who hit a ladies driver hit it farther than our gamers. i'm also here to tell you exactly 0% went out and bought a ladies driver after that event lol

Depends on the manufacturer honestly.

yup, some change headweight, some change internal design.
Yep. And some like Cobra still test theirs at full freaking speed (120+).

Back