Reshaft titleist 716cb that have DG amt's

trichterj

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking to reshaft my 716 cb's myself, they currently have DG s300 standard length and D2 swing weight. Has anyone done this yet? Any issues that you have seen? Wondering if they have added weight to head to get swing weights to align due to different shaft weights and if will jave any issues when i put new shafts in that are going to be modus3 105? I found a blog online that gave a mathematical way of figuring out swing weight and they all came out D2 with new shafts so hoping not to much of a pain. Any other information or advice would be great.

Thanks Jimmy

I would imagine that they would have tip weights in the shafts to help with swing weight, but I'm not 100% sure. Doesn't make sense to put weight in head for the stock shaft pairing that is a different approach from almost all other shafts on the market. Could also be something with the grips too, not sure.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great thanks, I'm guessing this will only make the swap easier? Has anyone pulled one apart before?

I had mine reshafted with recoil 110s and on,y the 6i needed some additional weight

I had mine reshafted with recoil 110s and on,y the 6i needed some additional weight

Do you recall what weight they ended up being?

D1 which was the same as what they were with the amt. I had the guy match them up to existing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I thought. The 716cb are a light head. When I had Kang do a straight swap of the recoils into PTx heads they weighed out at D3-4.

I picked up some Nippon 1050 to put back into the CB heads and had to add tape to a couple to get them all to D1.

AMTs swingweight almost exactly the same as original DG. Because we are able reinforce specific areas of the shafts we can make lightweight steel shafts that swingweight just like heavier shafts.

Ok great info, like i said before i liked the AMT shaft but just didnt like the feeling of the heavier short irons, they all feel the same swing weight wise just taking them.out of the bag and holdong them. I also found they fly to high and spin a lot for me (my delivery more than shaft) I get shafts today so will start with 7 iron first and compare it with the demo club the pro shop here has see how I like the feel. I can also check swing weight machine here to see what it ends up at after a straight swap. See how I go, fingers crossed. Thanks for all comments, THP'ers are the best!

Back