Graphene in Drivers

DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
Just had a thought while I was sipping my coffee this morning and browsing through the info here. Maybe I missed it and somebody has mentioned it already.....but...

Is it just me or does anyone else foresee the use of Graphene in place of carbon fiber in drivers? I’m sure it is being kicked around already. Or maybe it isn’t suitable for that? Just a thought.

It could reduce weight, but right now the cost would be VERY substantial.

It could reduce weight, but right now the cost would be VERY substantial.

interesting, what makes it sustainable in balls but not in drivers? lesser quantity? the cost of the replaced material?

Graphene in Drivers

I would guess that since the material is infused in other material in the golf Ball vs being an actual product made entirely out of the material is why it would be more expensive?? But if you could get the price at a reasonable point then it seems like a no brainer. I’m intrigued by it after reading some articles. It can be used for bullet proof body armor, it’s extremely lightweight and one article said that it would take the weight of an elephant balanced on a pencil too to puncture through it a thin sheet of it....and so on. It is very interesting to me.

Very much a cost thing right now. As the manufacture of it gets easier cost wise we will see things like that. Honestly its use in golf equipment is very boring compared some of the amazing uses it has.

Very much a cost thing right now. As the manufacture of it gets easier cost wise we will see things like that. Honestly its use in golf equipment is very boring compared some of the amazing uses it has.

Yeah, but there are a lot of golf nerds here. We are easily excited. :blob:

Yeah, but there are a lot of golf nerds here. We are easily excited. :blob:

Right!?!?

I don't have a clue how much it really costs, but I'd love to see what they come up with on a driver and how it would work.

It would increase distance by 20+ yards!! ???

It would increase distance by 20+ yards!! ������

In fairness, it sort of seems like that's always being said....every year....with every new driver. lol

I should be hitting my drives around 417 yards now since I started playing and with each new driver I have played.

I could see the Graphene opening a lot of doors for designers because of its weight and strength. Then there is always the old COR limits, but i think this material could help in other ways.

Back