Has anyone tried Prescription Golf grips?

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I hadn't heard of these http://www.prescriptiongolf.com/PutterGripOrder.aspx until Saturday when I saw one of my neighbors using one on his putter at our club. He's a scholarship college player who was home for the weekend and is the best putter I know. He said the grip has made his putting more intuitive, for what it's worth. When driving my daughter to school this morning I heard more about the company as Hank Haney was interviewing the founder of the company on his Sirius Radio show. Interesting concept and I'm certainly willing to try them out. I ordered a couple of their putter grips this morning and will report back next week.

PutterGripMidsizeTapered.jpg

So do these only "work" if you putt with your index fingers down the grip?

Never heard of them Marc, looking forward to reading your thoughts.

I was reading the description and had to stop at this:
"PERFORMANCE
AIM: Aim is 300% better by independent testing"

1) How is this tested?
2) How is this measured?
3) Woooooowwwww.

Interested to hear your thoughts on this to test that claim and hope it works well for you.

So do these only "work" if you putt with your index fingers down the grip?

No they have a groove for your thumbs. They do have several players on the Champions Tour using them, Gil Morgan has them on all of his clubs.

I've always putted with the index finger on my bottom hand (my right hand) running down the grip. It just feels more controlled. Not sure how a groove on a grip would help, though? Maybe for someone looking to change their grip that has never had their index finger(s) down the grip?

I've gripped the putter the same way my whole life, so I don't think a groove in the grip would do much for me since that's how I naturally grip the putter.

"PERFORMANCE

1) How is this tested?
2) How is this measured?
3) Woooooowwwww.

Interested to hear your thoughts on this and hope it works well for you.

Yeah the 300% claim seems ridiculous. I was intrigued because the best putter I know who is a +3.5 index was sold on them. He found out about them from his college coach and a few other players on the team are using them with success.

"PERFORMANCE

1) How is this tested?
2) How is this measured?
3) Woooooowwwww.

Interested to hear your thoughts on this to test that claim and hope it works well for you.

i thought the exact same thing when I read this. 300% ;)

Yeah the 300% claim seems ridiculous. I was intrigued because the best putter I know who is a +3.5 index was sold on them. He found out about them from his college coach and a few other players on the team are using them with success.
Hey, that'd intrigue me too. May be something to it if some of the best are using it.

If nothing else it could just be a nice feeling grip. Worth a shot

Back