What golf stuff did you learn today?

I learned that my alignment sucks lately. I think I hit into screens and nets too much and didn't care because when I get onto the outdoor range I'm all over the place with anything but my wedges.

I learned that going back to my old King Cobra Oversized (which I keep in Little Rock) is hard to do after 6 months of using my JPX-850 forged.

I may have learned that I am about to drop $800 or so on 5-9, PW, GW to bring this set up to snuff.

Today I learned that range sessions are more enjoyable when you take a 10,000 foot view of things. I do not have to get frustrated because I cannot solve my golf struggles today. In fact, I may need months to completely fix things. In the meantime, I'll figure out a way to compensate when I'm playing. I've done it before.

The shaft world is crazy like technology. I have never been one to tinker with shaft options, but that all changed now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that practice doesn't make perfect. also learned my mental game is in need of an overhaul and am learning a game plan to attack that flaw.

that practice doesn't make perfect. also learned my mental game is in need of an overhaul and am learning a game plan to attack that flaw.
Yep practice doesnt make perfect, practice makes permanent. Then mental aspect is one of the hardest parts of the game.

I'm okay not playing in winds gusting close to 60 mph....

I learned that I've been setting up with my driver face closed for quite some time.

I hate hitting off mats

Playing golf sick and with aching joints is not a good idea.

Yet again, I learned that just as quickly as my swing "arrives", it can depart just as quickly. My goal of scoring consistency continues to elude me. Last 3 rounds. 79, 86, 95.

when carrying over water, it helps if I pick a spot to look up high, like the top of a tree. When I follow through my swing I bring my head and eyes up to focus on that high spot. It seemed to work beautifully the two times I tried it on my last round.

I learned without a proper set up, my swing is doomed to fail before I even swing. A mini lesson tonight helped me get back to an athletic set up and allows me to move thought the ball better.

I learned, golf is hard haha, again.

I learned I was launching it too low with my driver at 11.5. Lofted it up to 12.5 (max) and immediately picked up 10 yards of carry on the sim without compromising spin numbers. Nice!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I learned without a proper set up, my swing is doomed to fail before I even swing. A mini lesson tonight helped me get back to an athletic set up and allows me to move thought the ball better.

So much this, Mike. I knew I was off in my setup and posture during a crap round, yesterday. Today, I did some extra stretching and Orange Whip work before the round, and really focused on my stance, posture, and takeaway. Made such a huge difference in clean contact. Stick to what you got out of the mini lesson, and you'll have a great starting place for every round at The Grandaddy.

I learned that with a smooth swing, my swing speed is at its fastest. When I try to crank one out there it's actually about 2mph slower. Makes me want to punch myself in the face for all those times I tried to swing out of my shoes and hit crap shots

Just reinforced what I already knew that extreme slow play kills my game!

I learned that with a smooth swing, my swing speed is at its fastest. When I try to crank one out there it's actually about 2mph slower. Makes me want to punch myself in the face for all those times I tried to swing out of my shoes and hit crap shots

Me too. The more I swing within myself the better the results are

I learned yesterday that I can hit the ball farther and with just as much control if I complete my backswing. will need to work on this on the range.

I learned to quit messing around experimenting with new drivers and instead focus now on technique, which needs work.

I learned that customers, much like Internet golfers, overexaggerate their perceived distances. 285 typical distance with a driver quickly turns into 95 mph 220 yard drives real quick on a monitor. It makes me laugh inside but I can't show it when I tell customers this driver is no better lol.

Back