DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that exact map sitting on the coffee table. I typed the correct location, just didn't catch the wrong area. Oops
4c06df6037360c82c05864d8f48f6dab.jpg

Not much different. But that wind is going to be yuck. And being that close to the lake?
I'm looking for some great fun.

Not much different. But that wind is going to be yuck. And being that close to the lake?
I'm looking for some great fun.

Might want to call the course tomorrow and make sure that they will open and or what their frost delay estimates are.

You guys are crazy.

Might want to call the course tomorrow and make sure that they will open and or what their frost delay estimates are.

You guys are crazy.
11 am tee time. Hopefully by then, if there is a frost delay, we should be good to go by the time we get there.

I will call today to ensure they will be open. Last thing I want to do is all of us make the drive only to find them closed.

I will call today to ensure they will be open. Last thing I want to do is all of us make the drive only to find them closed.
Sounds like a good idea. If they are open, I suspect we will have the course to ourselves.

Sounds like a good idea. If they are open, I suspect we will have the course to ourselves.

Indeed. Can likely get in 27 or 36. :angel:

Been checking this out repeatedly since JB posted it this morning. Wish I could sign up. Just can't guarantee that I can attend at this time. This layoff thing is freaking crazy. No idea when, or even if this move will happen. Still waiting on answers.

Understand completely, not an enviable position you are in right now man.

Understand completely, not an enviable position you are in right now man.
Here I am local right now and I don't feel I can enter this. That sucks. But it is what it is. Hopefully, here in a few weeks, everything will come together and I can start throwing my name in the monthly hat.

Here I am local right now and I don't feel I can enter this. That sucks. But it is what it is. Hopefully, here in a few weeks, everything will come together and I can start throwing my name in the monthly hat.

I know you will when you know that you can without worry of having to back out.

The coolest thing about this one to me is that only TWO people are going per month. The 1 on 1 attention you will receive from industry experts is UNHEARD of. I have a feeling this is going to blow the forum away once they see what goes down next month.

I know you will when you know that you can without worry of having to back out.

The coolest thing about this one to me is that only TWO people are going per month. The 1 on 1 attention you will receive from industry experts is UNHEARD of. I have a feeling this is going to blow the forum away once they see what goes down next month.
I absolutely agree that this will blow people away. I think that with only two THPers going thru this at a time, the attention they receive will be amazing. Really excited to follow whomever gets the invite.

Let me just put it this way.
If anybody thinks this is the same event as last year, shrunken down for more personal time, they havent paid much attention to THP in 2016. #ChangeTheGame

Let me just put it this way.
If anybody thinks this is the same event as last year, shrunken down for more personal time, they havent paid much attention to THP in 2016. #ChangeTheGame

I love a JB post when he starts out with: "Let me just put it this way......"

Music to my ears!

Just received my official report date notice. Not unexpected, but definitely not done very well. No information on it other than report on this date to this airport. No contact information, no area to report, never had an opportunity to even visit the place to look for someplace to live.
Maybe I should fly to Miami this weekend, since I'm not playing any golf.

Just received my official report date notice. Not unexpected, but definitely not done very well. No information on it other than report on this date to this airport. No contact information, no area to report, never had an opportunity to even visit the place to look for someplace to live.

That's crazy man. I would think it's a smart idea to get down there and get somewhat acclimated to the surroundings before reporting in.

Man that sucks. You would think they would give you a lot more information and time. Wishing you the best!

You guys bag golf tomorrow? #CMonMan

You guys bag golf tomorrow? #CMonMan
I saw that you located why in the other thread.
That's crazy man. I would think it's a smart idea to get down there and get somewhat acclimated to the surroundings before reporting in.
I think it might change, but not sure. I emailed someone in Miami to find out what they actually want us to do. This release is really just or release from TAESL. I'm hoping that they give us the chance to fly down and check out the area, which I believe is required, and that we stay here to complete some training for some of the aircraft that I have not been qualified for. There are two aircraft type that I don't have training on yet. That would be 6 weeks here, if they want me to get that all completed.

Sorry to hear about that. Uncertainty is the worst. Before you do head south we need to get back out so you can hit the Speedrulz in the GBB. Just got a notice it will be here next week.

Sounds good.
Not sure what's going to happen over the next two weeks though. Hopefully, things work out like I think it's going to and I will actually be here for a few more weeks. I really do need to head down for a weekend and get things together down there.
Sorry to hear about that. Uncertainty is the worst. Before you do head south we need to get back out so you can hit the Speedrulz in the GBB. Just got a notice it will be here next week.

That's a big area and the more time you can spend understanding the right and wrong side of the tracks the better for you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back