Describe Your Divot

Most times it's a nice shallow divot starting about 1" or so in front of where the ball was. When the wheels fall off watch out....I can make a toupee shop owner jealous.

Deep, shallow and/or pointing in a certain direction? Tell us about your divot here.

All of the above.... I'm pretty steep going at the ball so I do tend to take a pretty good divot most of the time. When I hit a fat shot, its more like a shovel :banghead:, but I benefit from this also, when I'm not hitting the ball well, I tend to be a bit outside so my divots will point left, feedback that tells me my right arm is more like a chicken wing and I need to get more compact.

On a good swing it is a smear pointing slightly right of the intended target line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shallow, short. Used to be nonexistant since I came in about even - don't hit down on the ball nearly as much as I should. As swing changes have taken, I'm hitting down on the ball slightly and taking a little bit of grass.

Mine are typically medium depth and pointing a little to the left, dollar bill length or shorter. My wedge divots are a bit deeper and longer. I won't describe them if I hit it fat.

Typically shallow and sometimes the toe is a little deep, usually on the right direction to my target

Shallow and pointed slightly left.

Long, square and shallow with a bit deeper on the toe side. Faces slightly left of target.

Comes out as a high strait shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mid length/depth, little deeper on the toe...generally pointed like this \

Long irons are shalllow divot usually pointing slightly right of tgt as I am always trying to keep on the inside.

Short irons (8-LW) I take a divot that is quite sizable. The sort of size that wouldn't look out of place on Donny Trump's head as a wig. Generally straight to slightly left direction.

My divots are usually shallow and range from straight to slightly left.

Mine is usually a fairly healthy sized divot, it generally goes from dead straight to left with an open face. Which usually ends up in the same general place, but vary in distance...I need more time on the range.

If I stay balanced and stay in my swing like I'm supposed to my divot is about 6-8" long straight and about 1/2"-3/4" deep.

My wedges tend to be deep and going a bit left of target line.
The longer irons are shallower and more down the line.

My divots are typically fairly shallow as I tend to sweep a bit more but pointed fairly straight.

Not much of a divot taker unless it’s with my wedge, then it looks like I’m digging for oil. Incidentally (and JB didn’t insinuate you could in his post) but most of the stuff I’ve seen and read says you can tell pretty much nothing from your divot.

#FiberLaunch

....picture the letter "Z"

When I'm playing well my divots are usually pretty nice looking, not too deep, not too thin, right in line with my target. When my swing is a mess they're always pointing way out to the left.....I'm a notorious over the top swinger when things go awry. It's awful. One quick look at my divot pattern usually tells me what's going on though.

short, shriveled & always to the left :act-up:

Oh ... my divot ... short, shallow & usually pointing left or straight

Mostly nonexistent :/

It is most commonly pointed right of the target, indicating a pronounced inside to outside swing. Starts skinny, like I'm leading with the heel. Depth of my divots is inconsistent, going all the way from non existent to beaver pelt.

In the rare event that I take a divot it is typically shallow and pointing left at a 30* or so angle. I don’t know what, if anything, that says about my swing.

I usually have pretty shallow and small divots unless I'm really taking a more aggressive swing.

I'm a sweeper. So mine, if any, are very shallow but straight.

The only shot I take a divot on is a 30-100 yard pitch shot. And that is normally a couple of inches and straight. Otherwise I am a picker and really don’t take divots.

I've been known to dig some holes now and then. I can carve a serious beaver pelt.

Back