Describe Your Divot

I don't usually take very deep divots unless there's a problem with the swing..see below.

I believe you said about mine “that was a lefty hitting it fat”.

Don't worry..one of the righties behind you kept hitting it fat too so we evened out the tee boxes.

4i to 7i I am a scuffer. With the 8i through LW, I am shallow (just into the dirt), narrow and pointing down my intended target line.

Medium depth going a bit left with shorter clubs. Shallow and straight with longer clubs. No real divots inside 40 yards and if any it is like a 2 oz piece of dirt.

I typically take a shallow divot in shape of a spatula (disc shape) if make a clean strike. Used to take a deeper divot but with a bone disease in one of my fingers I had to change to be shallower divot and works well now with the occasional pelt.

4 iron and 5 iron I maybe trim the tips of the grass a bit. I've tried taking a divot with those clubs and it usually results in coming up significantly short or really hooking the ball. With my 6 iron down through 8 iron... my divot is pretty shallow and fairly small. My 9 iron down through my wedges, I really take some pretty large divots. Depending on what type of shot I'm looking to hit, the divot can either be really shallow or pretty deep. Almost all of them are just left of my target line. If it's right of my target line, that means I've pushed it.

I've been noticing deeper divots lately & left of my target. I suppose my swing is becoming more steep & over the top.

What drills do you guys use to correct this pattern?

My divot tends to be shallow, somewhere between a turf scalp and a small excavation.

Shallow with most irons, but get into the lob wedge and I tend to dig in deep on shots 60 yards and shorter.

My divot is evolving. It's becoming deeper as I work on the new swing drills. However, I still have the wonderful ones way behind the ball to deal with when I don't rotate my hips.

They are usually long, deep, wide and angle a little to the left. Some people might question whether I'm using an iron or a shovel.

We have one guy at my clubs that hits down and over the top with his driver and takes a divot with it. He brings a bottle of sand to the tee box.:ROFLMAO:

I would describe them as medium and fairly straight. They of course are not the most consistent.

One deep, one shallow, one right, one left, and one time I didn't even take one.....

Really dependent on shot, but I definitely take them. I get comments about it from playing partners. Especially with long irons. To the casual eye when you can't hear it can almost look like a shot was fat, but the divot is in front of the ball. None of mine are to excessive though. I'm not throwing beaver pelts very often.

Deep. But this year worked on getting it shallower.....needed a severe loft lie adjustment. Helped immensely

Shallow towards the just brushed side of the spectrum but straight

Anywhere from a slight scuff of the turf to a trench big enough that you could break an ankle in it.

Beaver pelt and always after the ball, except for who i decide to lay the sod one one

That's kind of personal.

But with the swing change, it brushes the turf and then is getting slightly deeper after the ball.

When I screw up, though, and don't, well let's not think about it, it's like I am plowing to China.

Mine is evolving as I develop my swing. Mostly a sweeper, but working towards building more compression. At the end of the year, I was removing all grass and sometimes taking light divots after the ball.

Very deep, always aiming farther left of the target then what I want.

Rarely take a divot, at best I'll scalp the grass.

Usually dollar bill sized pointing left of the target

Back