Describe Your Divot

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Deep, shallow and/or pointing in a certain direction? Tell us about your divot here.

Shallow, narrow and almost non existent but pointing straight ahead.

Typically with a wedge in hand it's shallow, long, and square.
With irons its shallow, short, and you can tell the face goes from slightly open to slammed shut through the divot. Scary stuff lol.

All of the above???

It’s usually normal depth/semi-shallow and points a little right with my flat/push swing.

Straight and shallow. My divots used to point a little bit to the right but Ive managed to work that out of my swing.

I would describe the typical divot as deep, medium length, and slightly curved to the left

Beaver pelt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very deep and pointed slightly left

2" x 4", pretty shallow, mostly straight.

Generally deep enough to see clean dirt and 6-8" long and aligned with my feet. If this happens the ball goes where I want it too....

Mine are generally healthy divots, maybe a half inch deep. Always replaced, even in rough. Generally my path varies so much that I can't give a general direction. They are, however, even on both sides as my lie angle is accurate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Deep, shallow and/or pointing in a certain direction? Tell us about your divot here.

I believe you said about mine “that was a lefty hitting it fat”.

Nonexistent. I'm a sweeper unless I'm hitting it fat. If I did take divots they'd be out to in.

On the shallow side, but aimed right typically

Good shots are normally picked clean. If I take a divot there is a good chance it was chunky.

Divot length and depth is dependent on just how chunky the shot was. ;)

Shallow and aimed a little right with everything down to PW. GW thru lob wedge are beaver pelts.

With wedges, usually deep and longer but pointing down the target line. With the rest of my irons, not as deep and shorter in length but also down the target line

Rarely ever take a divot.

If I do take one it will be shallow.

Like a brush burn across the turf

Deep big divots, and usually points left.

Generally medium depth and finishing a little left.

32 oz ribeye...I’m a digger but they usually point to my target...

Deep, flat, straight, about a dollar bill in length.

Back