Tiger Woods at Farmers Insurance Open - Your Thoughts

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
T-23 with a -2 72 hole score.

Did he meet, exceed, or fail in your expectations of his first full field tournament in 2018?

Met my expectations

I think he absolutely met the expectations. He didn't have his best stuff and still had a top 25 finish, can't wait to see him once he gets a few more under his belt this year.

I would think finishing a tournament and not withdrawing due to injury is a win. I only saw his last couple holes so I can't really critique his play for the tournament.

Considering he really hasn't played competitively for two years (except for the Hero), I'd give him a "B"

- putting A
- scrambling & short game A
- Driving D

If not for his short game & putting he would have missed the cut. It was good to see him get back his playing juices and feel the competition again.

Met. From the limited amount of the tournament I watched, seemed like his driving was his glaring weakness while the other parts of his game were pretty solid.

I think he did good for his first full field event.

If he hadn't birdied the 18th on Friday to make the cut, it would have been a fail. That was more telling than anything, getting a birdie when he HAD to get a birdie.

He exceeded my expectations for this tournament, because, quite frankly, I didn't think he'd make the cut. For him to get up to a top 25 finish (albeit 8 strokes off the lead) is pretty darn good. Throw in the short game we saw this weekend that has been such an issue for a couple years and I'm impressed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'd say he met my expectations. Placed, but did not dominate. It's about what I expect from him for the rest of his career. Occasionally a factor, but he won't dominate like he used to.

He met my expectations. He needs to drive it a little better and at times he struggled with his irons. I think it was just rust. All in all it was good to see him compete pain free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exceeded. Torrey pines is a tough course and I didn't think he'd make the cut. I'd like to see more 3W off the tee next time if he doesn't have the driver dialed in.

He met expectations. Still has a great putting and reading greens. But he really needs to dial in the driver.

Met. Best he's looked in years, but still a ways to go

72 holes, without being visibly impacted by any pain, a top 25 finish, all in all that's a solid week! I think once he gets some more competitive rounds under his belt he's going to return to a top 5 WGR

He made the cut so he met my expectations. I’m not smart enough to figure out the tee box issues, but it seems he’s trying to swing too hard. If he would dial it down a bit he’d hit more fairways.

The end result was very respectable, probably exceeded expectation. The thing I was seriously impressed with was his mental toughness. I know from experience how hard it is to grind to save pars. It is so easy to check out mentally when you know you are out of it and your swing sucks. He stayed in it mentally for four days.

I'd say he met my expectations. Made the cut, all 4 rounds of par or better, finished T-23 and said after his round today he was pain free. Short game and putting was solid, better than I expected. Driver needs to get straightened out and I think with more fairways we'll see more consistent iron play.

He's got a way to go especially hitting fairways. He's got to realize he's not The MAN anymore, he's just a 42 year old Pro Golfer. What he's done in the past is yesterday, and yesterday's gone. I wish him all the best and that he can compete in Tour events.

He actually exceeded my expectations. I didn't think he'd make the cut. But I'm not super-impressed with how he struck the ball. I think less of his prospects to win another major now than I did after the Hero World Challenge, and I thought little of them then.

I was hoping he would make the cut and he did. Lots of work yet for him to do, but this seemed like a good start.

exceeded. he made the cut. this wasn’t an exhibition or a light field. this is a strong event at a challenging course.

he had speed. he was swinging aggressively. his chipping yips were pretty much gone. his putting looked great.

i got excited when he was making a run today. i don’t think we can say he is back, but it looks like he is trending in the right direction.

The end result was about what I expected, and it looks like he's actually healthy, which is a good thing. It will be interesting to see what adjustments he makes for Riveria!

Met my expectations for sure. He made the cut and had the opportunity for a top 15 finish with a few better tee shots. Certainly could be a good year for him. Hopefully the pain stays away for him

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Above and beyond considering the surgery he had and the metal plate with screws in his back and that it wasn't that long ago.

Obviously he can see what needs work so will be interesting to see how the next time out goes

Failed, I wish he would have missed the cut. Watching his EVERY shot for the 1st 2 rounds was more than enough fort me.

Back