32" in the last 24 hours with another couple feet on the way. I'm heading up for sure on Sunday and Tuesday. Finally we have decent snow after the driest start to the winter since 1977.

Keep it coming, I'm heading up to Northstar in a few weeks for my once every 5 year snowboarding trip.

Waking up to it snowing on a day you're going to go ride always makes me happy!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What s perfect night! 20*, dumping snow on top of all the powder that was already there, and no wind!

Yeah, heard Utah hadn't got jack until recently either. We've got the most snow at have in a really long time here this winter.

We are selling our Tahoe place partially because 5 of the last 7 winters have been dry. We are looking at buying a place in Utah or possible Whitefish in another few years. My father-in-law has a place in Kalispell and we love it up there.

We are selling our Tahoe place partially because 5 of the last 7 winters have been dry. We are looking at buying a place in Utah or possible Whitefish in another few years. My father-in-law has a place in Kalispell and we love it up there.
Whitefish is awesome if you can afford to live there, and Big Mountain is nice, but definitely better skiing in the state.

In the market for some new boots, anybody have some they really like? I've been looking at the BOA and speed zone options, but can't try any on around here unfortunately.

Whitefish is awesome if you can afford to live there, and Big Mountain is nice, but definitely better skiing in the state.

I’ve spent quite a few days at Big Sky and Bridger and love both areas.

I’ve spent quite a few days at Big Sky and Bridger and love both areas.
Big Sky bought up the whole Bozeman area unfortunately, namely Bridger and Moonlight Basin, so unfortunately the atmosphere of both changed dramatically from what I've heard.

In the market for some new boots, anybody have some they really like? I've been looking at the BOA and speed zone options, but can't try any on around here unfortunately.

Try some on at your hill's shop. Every company fits different (but generally the same within a brand), and boots aren't something that you can "make work" like your typical street shoe.

When in doubt, Intuition is the best liner. K2/Ride uses better Intuition liners than 32. Vans liners fit wide and has the best toebox. (made-for exists in this industry as well)

Don't skimp, but remember that most of the time stiffer = more material + harder to engineer = more expensive.

Try some on at your hill's shop. Every company fits different (but generally the same within a brand), and boots aren't something that you can "make work" like your typical street shoe.

When in doubt, Intuition is the best liner. K2/Ride uses better Intuition liners than 32. Vans liners fit wide and has the best toebox. (made-for exists in this industry as well)

Don't skimp, but remember that most of the time stiffer = more material + harder to engineer = more expensive.
You would laugh if you saw the lodge at my hill! Calling it rustic would be giving it too much credit. They definitely don't have any size 13s on hand, other than maybe a couple pairs of female. I've always had luck with Burton, so that's what I've been looking at, but some of the other brands look nice and are getting positive reviews, so trying to keep an open mind. There are actually a pair of Head worth BOA I was looking at that I'm hoping I can find somewhere to try on as I haven't ever worn that brand before.

Edit: Totally understand and agree with the making work comment, last time I bought boots (20 years ago) prior to my current pair involved mail order and several returns before I had ones that fit right.

In typical me fashion, bought a new pair of boots, sought unseen. :fingerscrossed:

Remind me not to but snowboard stuff any time other than the spring ever again!

Hill is expecting up to 10" of snow today. Would be excited if it weren't for this...
7fa893889078d0451e96a42cc9378b63.jpg

Hill is expecting up to 10" of snow today. Would be excited if it weren't for this...
7fa893889078d0451e96a42cc9378b63.jpg

that looks nasty, what did you do?

that looks nasty, what did you do?
Not really sure. Noticed it felt really loose and checked it when I got to the bottom of the hill and looked like that.

Not really sure. Noticed it felt really loose and checked it when I got to the bottom of the hill and looked like that.

Damn. Those screw plates are pretty thick plastic too. Surprised that would happen. Shouldn't be tough to find one on eBay though

Damn. Those screw plates are pretty thick plastic too. Surprised that would happen. Shouldn't be tough to find one on eBay though
I bought them in February, so hopefully Rome will replace them. The body of the binding broke too.

I bought them in February, so hopefully Rome will replace them. The body of the binding broke too.

Yeah, they should, no prob. Which model? Targas?

Yeah, they should, no prob. Which model? Targas?
No, I went bargain basement with Uniteds to get up and running again. All their bindings have live time warranties though, so shouldn't be a problem, just wish I had them today.

No, I went bargain basement with Uniteds to get up and running again. All their bindings have live time warranties though, so shouldn't be a problem, just wish I had them today.

I've had troubles with bargain basement breakage in the past. Seems like they use a lower grade plastic to get the price down and it just doesn't hold up in the cold. Had it happen with a couple of different brands too

I've had troubles with bargain basement breakage in the past. Seems like they use a lower grade plastic to get the price down and it just doesn't hold up in the cold. Had it happen with a couple of different brands too
Good to know. Figured that was the part I could get away with going the cheapest on to start from a performance perspective since I had to start from scratch again (including coat, gloves, pants, helmet, literally everything) this year. Looking at upgrading for next year with all the end of year sales going on, and really like my board, so just looking at boots and bindings.

Good to know. Figured that was the part I could get away with going the cheapest on to start from a performance perspective since I had to start from scratch again (including coat, gloves, pants, helmet, literally everything) this year. Looking at upgrading for next year with all the end of year sales going on, and really like my board, so just looking at boots and bindings.

I recommend trying some Salomon boots. It's the only brand I've ridden on in the last 10 years. They make one hell of a comfy footbed. I also love Union bindings. I'm on the Force right now which is a medium flexing binding. I ride really hard and I havent had anything break on them in 2 seasons of use and they are made of high grade, heavy duty plastic which makes them really light too. Only the binding chassis has metal and it's aluminium I believe.

I recommend trying some Salomon boots. It's the only brand I've ridden on in the last 10 years. They make one hell of a comfy footbed. I also love Union bindings. I'm on the Force right now which is a medium flexing binding. I ride really hard and I havent had anything break on them in 2 seasons of use and they are made of high grade, heavy duty plastic which makes them really light too. Only the binding chassis has metal and it's aluminium I believe.
How narrow are the ankle/heels in them? Been struggling to find anything my heels won't slip in, even with j-bars.

How narrow are the ankle/heels in them? Been struggling to find anything my heels won't slip in, even with j-bars.

Great heelset, IMO. I never have slippage, and the newer models have a textured, non slip heel lining that keeps the locked down.

Great heelset, IMO. I never have slippage, and the newer models have a textured, non slip heel lining that keeps the locked down.
Cool, I'll see if I can find some around here anywhere to try on. I've been checking out some of the BOA ones that are being blown out. I actually had one of the first boards they ever made.

Cool, I'll see if I can find some around here anywhere to try on. I've been checking out some of the BOA ones that are being blown out. I actually had one of the first boards they ever made.

Nice. This is my first pair of boa this year. I like it. Stiffens the boot up more than regular laces so I can keep mine looser

Back