We had 2 resorts open a few runs in MN this week. I don't expect them to be open long as supposed to be about 70 this weekend. While I love snowboarding, we get enough winter here so I can wait a little longer. Golfing this weekend with some THPers which will be a good time.
My favorite days or riding in the morning and then playing golf in the afternoon. Doesn't work out for very long, but when it does it's glorious.

@Doubleb21, what is riding in Arizona like?

Oh yeah, also:

Screenshot_20221019-181153.png

This sounds like a great way to hurt myself. We will allegedly not be skiing or snowboarding this winter :rolleyes:

My favorite days or riding in the morning and then playing golf in the afternoon. Doesn't work out for very long, but when it does it's glorious.

@Doubleb21, what is riding in Arizona like?

So we have a resort in Flagstaff AZ that is fun and then one in the White Mountains up by Showlow Az.Both are good size and nice runs. I like Flagstaff better there is more choices for places to stay and eat.

Here inTucson we actually have a ski run at the top of the Catalina Mnt range. The ski slopes are about 8500feet and it does not get to open often. One of the best powder days I have ever had was up there lol. They had a stupid amount of snow one year.

So we have a resort in Flagstaff AZ that is fun and then one in the White Mountains up by Showlow Az.Both are good size and nice runs. I like Flagstaff better there is more choices for places to stay and eat.

Here inTucson we actually have a ski run at the top of the Catalina Mnt range. The ski slopes are about 8500feet and it does not get to open often. One of the best powder days I have ever had was up there lol. They had a stupid amount of snow one year.
Funny, that's about the same elevation as my local ski hill that opens in November and closes in April every year.

Funny, that's about the same elevation as my local ski hill that opens in November and closes in April every year.

It is fun when open. It gets packed we get snow here and everyone heads up the Mnt lol. It is a novelty 😂😂

It is fun when open. It gets packed we get snow here and everyone heads up the Mnt lol. It is a novelty 😂😂
I mean, the same thing happens here. 😂

Thankfully not nearly as many people here though, so "packed" is relative.

If it snows like it's supposed to today and tonight, I'm going to go skin the local him tomorrow! So nice you don't need a base there because the main runs are just all grass.

a few years ago -- I did a Cartwheel down Blackcomb Glacier - ended up in emergency room in Whistler. I think I should have had this shirt for the operation 2 weeks later.

thumbnail_reassemble_snowboard_accident_funny_shirt_humour-r2d8bc557d67a4cfa89b6ec879ece4517_8...jpgP1000535(1).JPGP1000534(1).JPG

Bridger yesterdayPXL_20221108_223931960.MP.jpg

And guess I know what I'm doing Sunday!

Screenshot_20221110-221252.png

a few years ago -- I did a Cartwheel down Blackcomb Glacier - ended up in emergency room in Whistler. I think I should have had this shirt for the operation 2 weeks later.

View attachment 9130397View attachment 9130399View attachment 9130400

hey that looks like my leg

How long until stuff starts opening there?

Excited to go up tomorrow, was watching volleyball today.

Cypress (snowmaking) is open now, Grouse (snowmaking) scheduled Nov 19, Seymour (all natural) scheduled Dec 9

Whistler/Blackcomb scheduled Nov 24

Sasquatch (Hemlock) scheduled Dec 9

Manning Park scheduled Dec 3

hey that looks like my leg

Cypress (snowmaking) is open now, Grouse (snowmaking) scheduled Nov 19, Seymour (all natural) scheduled Dec 9

Whistler/Blackcomb scheduled Nov 24

Sasquatch (Hemlock) scheduled Dec 9

Manning Park scheduled Dec 3
I need to make it up there at some point.

Going to go skin it today, and then will be there next weekend, might take the camper and stay a night or 2. I'm so happy!

Screenshot_20221117-132207.png

Pow surfing today. It was really cold, but so much fun.

PXL_20221119_180432982.jpg

Went with my son yesterday for the first time as we've been making him take it a little easy while he's playing basketball. I hit the big log jib I've always been scared of, and it was crazy fun so hit it a bunch more times!

Yesterday was some of the best conditions I've ever ridden, waist deep in places, and then this happened overnight, I can't believe I forgot my snorkel!

Screenshot_20230220-082157.png

In my younger days. Mammoth Mountain, CA. I used to get in about 75-80 days a year.
Haven't been riding since 2012, had achilles surgery and a torn tendon in the arch of my left foot.
I got spoiled any way, and really have no interest in the hard packed or groomers.
E9964279-407D-4A04-9228-5DDFD02CB505.jpeg

Back