THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I am the only one from Cuyahoga County currently representing team Ohio.

Hey Ohio hopefuls let's get that captain out to the course tomorrow. Need to make an impression.

With everyone throwing out who they would like to see the other 3 picks from both sides be I'll put in my 2 cents. For Michigan it is a bit difficult for me as a majority of the people I've played with are already in the event but I would have to say (in no particular order) Michiganslice, Stribs, and Lion. There is never a dull or un-fun moment when playing golf with CJ and to that's 100% what events are about. Stribs has game, just flat game. I've never seen or played with Lion but I enjoy the attitude and conversation that he has brought into this thread.

For Ohio, I will pass on picking myself to show a slight bit of humility (but you can guarantee I would absolutely love to have my first THP event being picked to represent my state). Choices would have to include Mmaynard, Robezeo, and Canadan. I have seriously never met a more friendly of a guy at anything THP related than Mmaynard, he would represent extremely well. Robezeo has an extremely underrated game, he is always having fun and brings an attitude that would boost any teammate he had. Canadan I have never had the pleasure of playing with but he keeps a great presence in this thread and others, gives tons of advice, and from what has been said has mad game.

It is easy to say I'm extremely glad i'm not 441 or jdtox.

Hi gunner!
You court side at the cavs game tonight?

#LotsOfGameLeft

Hi gunner!
You court side at the cavs game tonight?

#LotsOfGameLeft

I am not. We didn't win last time I was, so Cavs chances of a comeback are better tonight. Your states chances in #RegionalRivalry aren't as good.

In one weeks time we will know who our teammates and opponents will be. Good luck to all and mostly go #TeamMichigan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I can tell, Boulder creek looks like a very challenging course, as team hopefuls (and those that are already in) making plans to play as many tough courses as they can to prepare for Boulder?
Looking forward to playing it but I am not sure it is that hard when you don't play the back tees. I could be totally wrong and feel free to tell me so. That said it is not an easy course and should be a good test. 69.9/128 from whites.

Hope some of you guys followed along the live update and scoring thread from this past weekend, saw the drone footage and the rest of the talk.
Sadly missed it live but did enjoy taking a couple of hours going back through it.

Hope some of you guys followed along the live update and scoring thread from this past weekend, saw the drone footage and the rest of the talk.

The Live update thread was really good! And that drone footage is was on point!

And as far as what I am doing to be ready, anything I need to. Like I have said before I am pretty comfortable with my strategy going forward and think I have a good 8 week plan to get back to how I was golfing when the season ended in October. That and I like the grind and I like trying to be as good as I can at whatever I am doing.

Another day closer to those Captain picks.

This question is for the Captain's...

This event is different then any other THP event, in that the teams will be made of geographically local players. Do you have any plans of getting your teams together prior to for some practice rounds? Or will you leave that for your team to put together? Or will you show up in June like any other THP event and roll with it?

This event is different then any other THP event, in that the teams will be made of geographically local players. Do you have any plans of getting your teams together prior to for some practice rounds? Or will you leave that for your team to put together? Or will you show up in June like any other THP event and roll with it?

Definitely

Absolutely. Now it will no means be a requirement due to some guys being a few hours away but Id like to get together as many times as we can, maybe a few at Boulder and a few in the middle say Columbus, plus just our regular get togethers and I hope some of the guys that dont make it will jump in as well

only 6 days for captains to make up their minds. Man its hard to believe that a week from today we could possibly have this field set! Ive done the work, ive followed and participated in this thread and many others, ive tried to keep the winter rust off of my swing, now its time to say "All In" and let the cards fall where they may. I have told just about everyone that i want in this one pretty bad. I love the idea of representing Ohio in a THP event would be honored to. But that doesnt mean i cant support this team if not selected either. Mike knows me well enough to know that Team Ohio has my support if im on it or not. There will be a lot of prep going on across the area and i will be damn sure to be a part of it. Ohio needs to be the first of hopefully many #RegionalRivalry winners

only 6 days for captains to make up their minds. Man its hard to believe that a week from today we could possibly have this field set! Ive done the work, ive followed and participated in this thread and many others, ive tried to keep the winter rust off of my swing, now its time to say "All In" and let the cards fall where they may. I have told just about everyone that i want in this one pretty bad. I love the idea of representing Ohio in a THP event would be honored to. But that doesnt mean i cant support this team if not selected either. Mike knows me well enough to know that Team Ohio has my support if im on it or not. There will be a lot of prep going on across the area and i will be damn sure to be a part of it. Ohio needs to be the first of hopefully many #RegionalRivalry winners

Well said man, and good luck to you. It's only been what 3-4 years after you tried to get something like this going. Glad to see its finally happening, but never would have thought it would have gotten to this magnitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just like to say if anyone thinks these captains picks are easy on either side you are sorely mistaken! I guess having only 3 cannons fired at me will be better than Mike being bombarded by an army! :alien:

Question here.
Ohio has an advantage (proximity to the course to gain course familiarity) will Captain 441 have to disclose his pairings ahead of time and allow Jdtox to match his team in a way he feels will be able to match to team Ohio?

I strongly recommend everybody from both teams and/or hopefuls from both teams listen to the latest THP Radio that just went up.
Talking Shafts w/ Project X & True Temper.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...th-Project-X-The-Golf-Industry-Uncut-Volume-3

Bumping this for anybody that missed the post.
The company making this event possible and one lucky THPer from here, will be headed to their HQ. The knowledge in this episode is straight up "anti-internet" talk from one of the brightest shaft minds in the world.

Question here.
Ohio has an advantage (proximity to the course to gain course familiarity) will Captain 441 have to disclose his pairings ahead of time and allow Jdtox to match his team in a way he feels will be able to match to team Ohio?

Definitely

Back