Bus

Touring Purple
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
~16
Can't believe there isn't a thread already started for this (that I could find anyway...).

Recently re-caught the bug after almost 20 years of not riding, couldn't afford it during college and never got going again after.

Bought some boots the other night, now looking, unsuccessfully thus far, for a board. Hill here has night skiing from 4-9 every Friday for $10, so will be heading up most Fridays after cool with my son.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's a pretty sweet deal. It costs a fortune here in the Tri-State (NYC) and I haven't boarded regularly since I was able to get a student pass about 10 years ago. What boards are you looking at? I'm still riding my GNU that's about 7 years old but I've heard nothing but amazing things coming from Lib Tech.

That's a pretty sweet deal. It costs a fortune here in the Tri-State (NYC) and I haven't boarded regularly since I was able to get a student pass about 10 years ago. What boards are you looking at? I'm still riding my GNU that's about 7 years old but I've heard nothing but amazing things coming from Lib Tech.
Really not looking at anything specific, just something used that will keep me from having to pay for rentals in the short term. Looking on Craigslist and ebay, but hard artist I've been so out of it not sure what is even relatively new release. Trying to stay under $200 for a board and bindings is making it tricky too...

Leader in the clubhouse at this point, and hopefully find some bargain bindings:

https://winter-warehouse.com/collections/used-snowboards-1/products/gtr6

Can't believe there isn't a thread already started for this (that I could find anyway...).

Recently re-caught the bug after almost 20 years of not riding, couldn't afford it during college and never got going again after.

Bought some boots the other night, now looking, unsuccessfully thus far, for a board. Hill here has night skiing from 4-9 every Friday for $10, so will be heading up most Fridays after cool with my son.

https://www.the-house.com/search.html?keywords=Holiday+Snowboard

Lots of good deals on boards here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nothing fancy, but pretty happy with my $120 investment.
520c34380e93d54b6f89ba77b6da6e97.jpg

I was just going to pull mine down from the rafters to offer it to you. Used 3 times about 8 years ago! Great condition

I was just going to pull mine down from the rafters to offer it to you. Used 3 times about 8 years ago! Great condition
What size?

cheap bindings suck
They're K2's and seem pretty nice (without having ridden them yet). Nice thing is they're an easy fix if I don't like them.

I can check when I get home but looks like you already got your gear?
Yeah, I'm pretty set. Guessing it will be time to start upgrading soon, haha.

Heading up tomorrow after school/work with the new board and boots. Been snowing all week up there so should be nice!

I'm on my skis 98% of the time but I enjoy taking my old Burton Ross Powers board out a couple days a year. I'm a long time avid skier (since 1970) and was an avid snowboarder for a couple years in the early1980's before it got popular. I got out on the mountain a few days in December but my hernia surgeon is making me wait until the end of the month before I can get back out there. I've got a fun ski trip planned to The Summit area of Colorado on March 9th with some old high school/college buddies that I logged a few hundred days on the slopes with back in the day. Can't wait!

Here is me and buddy(I'm the boarder) at big bear a couple weeks ago. We had a powder day, couldn't ask for much better.
f5b6a77052a1ea67366089c7d3e19e25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Was real wet last night, but still fun.
80a8d1460c0a86dc6bce773dd271d493.jpg

I have an extremely large head.

Nice powder day on Friday.
18905a2705f58ff01af7e56d650ffa99.jpg

Waking up to it snowing on a day you're going to go ride always makes me happy!

Waking up to it snowing on a day you're going to go ride always makes me happy!

We won't get any until Sunday but hoping for a big dump!

We won't get any until Sunday but hoping for a big dump!
They've been getting anywhere from a few inches up to 18" on a daily basis for weeks. It's been great up there.

They've been getting anywhere from a few inches up to 18" on a daily basis for weeks. It's been great up there.

Where? My area? We've had a great February. Snowmass was the big winner in most of the month, which is super rare, but it led to some really fantastic days. Saved our winter for the most part. Still need more though!

32" in the last 24 hours with another couple feet on the way. I'm heading up for sure on Sunday and Tuesday. Finally we have decent snow after the driest start to the winter since 1977.

Where? My area? We've had a great February. Snowmass was the big winner in most of the month, which is super rare, but it led to some really fantastic days. Saved our winter for the most part. Still need more though!
Montana

32" in the last 24 hours with another couple feet on the way. I'm heading up for sure on Sunday and Tuesday. Finally we have decent snow after the driest start to the winter since 1977.
Yeah, heard Utah hadn't got jack until recently either. We've got the most snow at have in a really long time here this winter.

Back