Launch monitor alignment

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How often do people struggle with launch monitors in stores being completely inaccurate in regards to direction? I know it is hard to correctly judge distances on those but I always seems to struggle with shot direction. Outside of the TrackMan that gets used in my lessons, the ones I hit in stores always have me hitting a terrible slice. I've been known to play a slight fade from time to time but I never see my irons go this far left in real life ball flight like these.

Case in point, I spent some time at the driving range yesterday and I was hitting everything to the right. (I'm a lefty) Today I go into a Golf Galaxy and get to try a few irons like the F8 and the Rogue X and everything was left. Every time I've ever hit on this machine everything went left.

Is the machine out of alignment for lefties? Perhaps geared towards making RH golfers think they are drawing more than they really are?

Totally possible - I know I've seen it before with myself. That's why I feel like indoor fitting always needs some sort of context. I like it for comparing clubs, or just getting an idea of how something looks and feels. Even beyond the actual alignment of the machine, you might subconsciously make a different swing when there isn't a visible target. And, for another thing, even if the launch monitor gives very accurate feedback, you might find that a setup that gives great results on the computer isn't very playable on the course (distance vs. forgiveness, spin rates, etc.). All part of the fun!!

My personal issue is that low loft/low spin setups for drivers give me great launch monitor numbers, but they hurt my scores more than help on my home course. High loft drivers don't give me pretty numbers, but really help my scores under pressure.

How often do people struggle with launch monitors in stores being completely inaccurate in regards to direction? I know it is hard to correctly judge distances on those but I always seems to struggle with shot direction. Outside of the TrackMan that gets used in my lessons, the ones I hit in stores always have me hitting a terrible slice. I've been known to play a slight fade from time to time but I never see my irons go this far left in real life ball flight like these.

Case in point, I spent some time at the driving range yesterday and I was hitting everything to the right. (I'm a lefty) Today I go into a Golf Galaxy and get to try a few irons like the F8 and the Rogue X and everything was left. Every time I've ever hit on this machine everything went left.

Is the machine out of alignment for lefties? Perhaps geared towards making RH golfers think they are drawing more than they really are?

I get the same thing on the GC2. Play a consistent baby draw. Never a fade. Go into GG or dicks and it’s baby peel slice city. I don’t think I’ve ever actually hit one straight in one of those.

Is it also possible the numbers wise could be off as well, or needs calibration? I know I carry my driver further than 230 and that’s all I could get out of it in GG

Sent from HTX

Was it the GG in Easton? If it was the monitors next to the putting area always seemed off to me. The ones in the club bays I always thought were pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Was it the GG in Easton? If it was the monitors next to the putting area always seemed off to me. The ones in the club bays I always thought were pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This happened to be the one in Dublin but I have experienced it with the one at Easton too. I got fit for my Epic last year in the Callaway bay and it seemed reasonable to me but I agree that the ones near the putting area always show a slice for me too.

Back