Vokey D grind substitute?

barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys, I done the online fitting for SM7’s but ideally I’d rather the SM6 as the price point is more attractive. They fit for the D grind in the 58 but what grind would this be on the SM6? Just an M or something else? I’ve reached out to Titleist but not got back to me.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The m grind is going to be 2* less than the d in the 58. The two options would be sm6 m or k grind as k would give more bounce by 2*

The m grind is going to be 2* less than the d in the 58. The two options would be sm6 m or k grind as k would give more bounce by 2*

D grind is 12 degrees of bounce, M grind is 8 degrees for the 58 degree loft in the SM7. Basically the D grind has a higher bounce when the face is square with the same crescent shape as the M grind. The SM6 M grind in 58 degrees will also have 8 degrees of bounce (I play that wedge right now). If you wanted to get closer to the D grind in the SM7, you could take a 56 degree SM6 M grind and bend it 2 degrees weaker to 58, that would increase the bounce from 8 degrees to 10 degrees.

Thanks for the reply guys it makes it easier to understand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back