Long Drive Championship

I just tuned in but this is a serious question. Is anyone using a Grenade?

I just tuned in but this is a serious question. Is anyone using a Grenade?

Not that I have seen. I assumed these were all SLDR C models....I was told otherwise. :D

Who knew in the world of long drive it comes to inches.

204 foot peak height on one of those drives. That's some serious hang time.

It's kind of strange to me that more major OEMs don't seem to be involved in this.

Never heard of Mutant golf before lol. A lot of XR's out there.

Brian Pavlet (Sr division) was at the tourney I played yesterday. He was brought in for some pre-shotgun entertainment. Spent about 45 mins just hitting some crazy shots.

Talked about that part of golf is intimidating your playing partners (jokingly). "Just show up with a huge bag with your name on it, and they'll immediately think you're awesome." :)

Hit the normal crazy long drives. Hit probably 150+ yards with a putter. 200+ yards with a driver head on a short iron shaft. Funnier than heck, but, wow. Set up a 3/8" 2' x 2' piece of plywood on edge. Hit a drive through it, then hit another ball through the exact same hole.

He was set up near the left side of the driving range during his demo, while there were still 8 or so people to the right who were warming up. He said that he likes to mess with people at the range and hit a soft, yet peppy dribbler that ran right down the line about a foot in front of those 8 people. Every single one of them took a step back and looked down at him, only to see 40 people laughing at them.

At a golf tourney he was at several years ago, he was one of the celebrities they brought in to play. They were auctioned off the night before to see which teams got each celebrity. When two of the teams were well up into the thousands on the bidding, the organizer approached Brian and asked if he would mess with them a bit since those teams seemed to always win. So, Brian walked up to the winners and said that he was looking forward to playing with them, and he was excited to play since he was just trying out an adjustment to his swing. The next morning at the range, with the 3 other team members, he proceeded to top 29 consecutive drives and died laughing at the panic in their eyes. Said it was fun.

its funny watching this and seeing a 345yd drive n thinking wow thats no good lol

I'm watching. Glad to see some truer numbers than last year's day that had 20+ mph winds behind the hitters. During that round everyone was going over 400. With so many at 360-375, that 395+ poke was big!

Some of these club head speed numbers are crazy.

Here comes Sadlowski. Should be fun to watch him get after it

is anyone else having trouble with streaming it from golf channel's website? it won't load for me even after i put in my cable provider information

That Man-Bear guy is enormous.

Thinking Winther should have gone with the large instead of the schmedium

Thinking Winther should have gone with the large instead of the schmedium

It's actually a large, but his arms are the size of your legs so it looks smaller

It's actually a large, but his arms are the size of your legs so it looks smaller

Probably not far off. Dude has some cannons for arms.

390.. Yikes

What a bomb by Sadlowski... 391 are effin kidding me!??!!

That Antigua commercial is pretty painful. Not sure if it's the actress, the writing, or both.

That Antigua commercial is pretty painful. Not sure if it's the actress, the writing, or both.

All of the above. Yikes.

She acts with the same sour puss face she golfs with. Painful to watch

That was just awkward to watch. You have to wonder if she ever watches herself on TV

Where do I get a 48" XR with 3* of loft?!?

398 by Eslinger. Geez! Crazy step move unleashes some power.

I'm recording it but by the sound of it looks like I'm missing some good stuff

Back