Buying clubs without trying them

I will never buy before I try again. It just has not worked for me in the past.

Same for me when it comes to golf clubs......vehicles.....shoes.....clothes.....and on and on.....

I recently bought an entirely new set of clubs without ever hitting a single one of them prior to the purchase. So far the jury is still out... I replaced my old irons with a new set of R11's. I have some regret because I lost some distance and didn't gain much accuracy or forgiveness. I replaced my R9 Supertri driver with the R1, so far more distance but I'm still trying to figure out the right settings. I also bought some TaylorMade Rescue hybrids new having never hit a hybrid in my life. So far these have been great and have significantly improved my game from 200+ yards out.

Overall I'm happy with all of my purchases, but if you decide to buy before you hit the clubs be sure to remember that you will need to adjust your game (instead of finding a club that already fits your game). I stuck with clubs from the same company since I am more comfortable with the style of TaylorMade clubs (since I already hit their old products); in my mind that made the purchases less risky.

Got rip off from impulsive buying mizuno H4 :beat-up:

Bought most of my clubs sight unseen. If it didn't work out, it was sold quickly. However I haven't had to do that too many times. Got my Long Tom 2 wood sight unseen after a recommendation from another THPer. It's my best go to club when my driver doesn't work out.

Back