2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
  • Admin
THPers got a chance to put this ball in play before launch and this thread will be used for all of their reviews.

I like the fact that they kept the same known and trusted naming to the models of their balls.

Glad the name is not changing. It causes me confusion than anything else. I am super excited to try the new B330 hearing there is lower spin off the tee and more with the wedges.

Admittedly I have not found a ton of success with Bridgestone balls in the past for whatever reason, but I am excited to try this ball out. Lower spin off tee is always a good thing!

Glad the name is not changing. It causes me confusion than anything else. I am super excited to try the new B330 hearing there is lower spin off the tee and more with the wedges.

Same here. That's the main reason why I stuck with the e6 instead of the B330 line. It felt great off of irons and wedges, but had too much curve with my driver. This definitely sounds exciting.

Not sure if you guys can tell on the video, but boy is the Bridgestone crew jacked up, intense, excited about this product. Been around them for launches before and this one is different.

Lower spin off the tee is awesome for me. Will have to test these against the RX I already have

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Looking forward to hearing more about these balls.

I may have missed it in the video, what's the difference between the RX and the RXS, and the 330 and 330s?

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I was fortunate to be one of the guys that was able to play the RX early. Having played the RX for 7 years, I can honestly say that the balls definitely live up to the hype. All of the boxes were certainly checked with these and I concur with everything the Bridgestone guys said in the video. #BestBallEver? I certainly would not argue with that!

Should be interesting to try these new balls. I agree the Bridgestone team seems really excited about what they have to offer this year!

Looking forward to putting this ball in play. The R&D time on this is interesting and glad they took their time to do it right. I'm glad they didn't change the name or colors of the boxes. Seems like they really understand their consumer base and want to keep it easy for the consumer to keep buying the same type of ball they currently play

Looking forward to hearing more about these balls.

I may have missed it in the video, what's the difference between the RX and the RXS, and the 330 and 330s?

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

difference between RX & RX or 330 and 330s, the simplest answer is spin. The S models will offer more spin for golfers who need that or want to take advantage of it.

Now I have to go pick up a dozen of the RX and S today. I have to try these. The sound of the new cover is very intriguing.

Now I have to go pick up a dozen of the RX and S today. I have to try these. The sound of the new cover is very intriguing.

It really is different MM. I used both in my last round and came away REALLY impressed. First off the spin of the S models, might be the most spin I have had around the green ever. Then add the durability, in which the ball almost seems to self repair a bit, which is odd to type, but I think once people try it they will see what I mean.

difference between RX & RX or 330 and 330s, the simplest answer is spin. The S models will offer more spin for golfers who need that or want to take advantage of it.

I suspected, but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the info!

It really is different MM. I used both in my last round and came away REALLY impressed. First off the spin of the S models, might be the most spin I have had around the green ever. Then add the durability, in which the ball almost seems to self repair a bit, which is odd to type, but I think once people try it they will see what I mean.

I think for me, since I haven't played anything other than Bridgestone balls since 2014, seeing those differences will come easily. I thought the Hydrocore version of 2014 had a good amount of spin greenside.

I'm as excited if not more than Adam and Elliot.

So this is exciting! Looking forward to gaming some of the new RX's. "Self Repair" you say?

To add I appreciate keeping with the same name. Lessens the confusion for sure.

Excited to try the 330-RX, 4 years in the making is tough to comprehend. Make the best ball even better? That's crazy. Also glad they didn't change name or coloring per model as consumers are able to quickly spot what they are accustomed to and the world of golf balls is confusing enough and name changing causes some OEM's to lose sales I believe.

2016 Bridgestone B330 Golf Balls Review Thread

These will go in the bag for 2016. Bridgestone has earned my loyalty and I don't see that changing anytime soon. B330 / B330S

These will go in the bag for 2016. Bridgestone has earned my loyalty and I don't see that changing anytime soon. B330 / B330S

Im looking forward to when you try the S and see what kind of spin you are getting. I watched Tadashi70 use those two and was zipping them back like crazy.

Im looking forward to when you try the S and see what kind of spin you are getting. I watched Tadashi70 use those two and was zipping them back like crazy.

I will certainly report back on. If it gets to crazy I'll go straight 330. We're there similar results with the RXS?

I will certainly report back on. If it gets to crazy I'll go straight 330. We're there similar results with the RXS?

Yeah I was loving the green side spin. It really gave me the ability to go at the pin.

Those boys are pumped! Got to play a sleeve of these a few weeks back. I'll be chiming in shortly once I put all my thoughts together

Back