What's more satisfying, GIR or FIR?

ASN21

#TeamTaylorMade
Reaction score
Handicap
I love a long drive in the middle of the fairway but GIR's are usually rare for me. So when I get a chance to get a GIR with a nice iron shot it feels pretty sweet. What about you guys?

GIR's as they impact positive scoring more than a FIR does for me.

I'm with you, GIR's are a lot harder to come by for me, and when I do get one a FIR usually comes along with it.

GIR's ultimately give me more scoring opportunities than FIR's generally.

I'd take a round with 0 FIRs and 18 GIRs every day of the week.

GIR all day long

Fairways are easy. Being a short knocker GIRs can be more of a challenge.

My driver is my favorite club, so FIR would probably make me smile more. However, all my best rounds are when my GIR stats are good.

GIR

I have made more pars hitting from the rough after a tee shot than hitting from the rough after an approach shot.

Last edited:
GIR alldayerryday

GIR every time for me. I can hit 75%-100% of fairways but when I miss greens my score reflects it.

Absolutely gir for me

GIR'S reward the score card better but on either one, a long shot that lands exactly where I want it always puts a smile on my face.

Definitely GIR for me

GIR for sure. I can hit a lot of fairways and still play crappy. Much harder to screw up a pile of GIR

GIR for me as well.

GIR every time for me. I can hit 75%-100% of fairways but when I miss greens my score reflects it.

Come on bro! This is the internet. But dude, for real, you need your tour card :)

GIR all day every day. FIR doesn't mean much as long as the next shot is playable for me. GIR unless I'm a mile away is typically at least a guaranteed par. I've bogied or doubled many holes where I initially hit FIR.

GIR and not even close

GIR for me too. A birdie chance on a hole is better than a FIR.

For me its FIR. To me it just feels better, I mean I can miss my FIR and still make par or even sometimes birdie, But still FIR just makes me feel better knowing my tee game is on, gives me more confidence.

Got to be GIR. Though anything less than a 7/14 FIR day gets really frustrating.

I like them both actually but I guess it depends, no sense in a FIR when you hit the next shot off route, and then of course when you you hit the GIR and then end up 3 putting LOL, but for me I love a FIR, GIR, and a BIR (Birdie) when I actually hit that GIr and putt like I know I can.

I love a FIR because I struggle getting them.

Probably GIR, because it's unlikely I got that after missing the fairway.

Back