DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let the insanity begin...my wife went on the store and said it was a mad house at lunch haha
Not a snow blower to be found either! I looked

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wait until spring and pick one up cheap ;)

I think I know a place that might have one in stock, but it's a few hours drive for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait until spring and pick one up cheap ;)

I think I know a place that might have one in stock, but it's a few hours drive for you.

The only place I know has them is the Lowes in Martinsburg WV. Lowes in Sterling is getting more in on Friday. I will be there first thing when they open.

I will shovel it is a great work out haha also my driveway isn't large enough to need a snowblower

The only place I know has them is the Lowes in Martinsburg WV. Lowes in Sterling is getting more in on Friday. I will be there first thing when they open.

Buy two or three then wait around and sell off the extras at 50% markup :alien:

Well let the insanity begin...my wife went on the store and said it was a mad house at lunch haha
Yep Michelle said the same thing. It's not thst she went out to stock up for the storm. But we normally do grocery shopping on Saturday and it looks like that will be a no go.

So Saturday is looking like a day of Law and Order binging and college hoops!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Went to Target to get of all things, toilet paper, LOL. They had pallets out with it. I guess they are prepping for the storm as well :D

No golf outside for us for a while now. Hoping to hit the indoor bays at the Pinecrest for some swing work for soon.

Giant and Wegmans were crazy. I didn't expect today to be the day for everyone to flip out, thought it would be tomorrow

Giant and Wegmans were crazy. I didn't expect today to be the day for everyone to flip out, thought it would be tomorrow
We got cancelled for today and might happen tomorrow also. My district really dropped the ball last year and got a lot of negative feedback from parents and staff, buses got stuck and kids stranded it was bad. So they were overly cautious today.

We got cancelled for today and might happen tomorrow also. My district really dropped the ball last year and got a lot of negative feedback from parents and staff, buses got stuck and kids stranded it was bad. So they were overly cautious today.

its crazy how many schools and other facilities are closed today.

Panic is a strange thing. I used to live in New Hampshire.....this would be a normal snow storm back then!!! The DC area has a lot of folks who didn't grow with these type conditions and are totally unprepared for it!!!

Panic is a strange thing. I used to live in New Hampshire.....this would be a normal snow storm back then!!! The DC area has a lot of folks who didn't grow with these type conditions and are totally unprepared for it!!!
We also have people from all over the world here who may have never seen snow. Of course that doesn't explain the inability to drive in rain either.... Ugh SMH

I went by my local Safeway after work to pick up a few things and the meat section looked like a Soviet super market, circa 1982...

I went by my local Safeway after work to pick up a few things and the meat section looked like a Soviet super market, circa 1982...
Yep, ours had like 4 loaves left on 15ft of shelf space. Crazy..

Made the mistake of going to Walmart for small items. They had ever aisle open and each line was 10 deep waiting to check out...

I'm from PA...hope nobody minds me jumping in this thread. 30 miles from MD border so I figure that's close enough? :D Hopefully can make it down when it gets warmer and meet some fellow THPers!

I'm from PA...hope nobody minds me jumping in this thread. 30 miles from MD border so I figure that's close enough? :D Hopefully can make it down when it gets warmer and meet some fellow THPers!
Of course not... Welcome to THP!

Of course not... Welcome to THP!

Thanks! Been floating through the threads and posting for a while but found this thread. Love the fact that your pic is of Jagr in his Penguin days!

Thanks! Been floating through the threads and posting for a while but found this thread. Love the fact that your pic is of Jagr in his Penguin days!
Haha if you are a hockey fan go check the NHL thread lots of good people in there and this is the result of a horrible fantasy hockey and game wager bet... I can not stand Jagr and last week it was Sid in blonde pig tails

Haha if you are a hockey fan go check the NHL thread lots of good people in there and this is the result of a horrible fantasy hockey and game wager bet... I can not stand Jagr and last week it was Sid in blonde pig tails

Haha that's great. I'll have to check it out!

I knew I liked you! I'm from Laconia originally

Yeah, I went yesterday to purposely avoid going to any stores today. See that you are in York. What courses do you play there ? My brother lives there so I go up there to play every once in a while.

Yeah, I went yesterday to purposely avoid going to any stores today. See that you are in York. What courses do you play there ? My brother lives there so I go up there to play every once in a while.

I live in between York & Harrisburg. Had a membership at Valley Green the past 2 years so I played that the most, but twin girls have changed that for this year haha. Royal Manchester is nice, though they were closed half of last year. I've been to a good bit in the area Briarwood, Bridges, Cool Creek, Heritage Hills. There's some nice courses in the area!

I live in between York & Harrisburg. Had a membership at Valley Green the past 2 years so I played that the most, but twin girls have changed that for this year haha. Royal Manchester is nice, though they were closed half of last year. I've been to a good bit in the area Briarwood, Bridges, Cool Creek, Heritage Hills. There's some nice courses in the area!
Good to see someone else up this way. I live in Shiremanstown.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back