XXIO Prime Driver

What would Mike Dean do for a XXIO...?

Goodnight my love
be9272ab52571031d316ed552d7fffdd.jpg

Whelp there you go... Hope Grex doesn't get jealous.

So....i think we have some believers.

Heres a few quotes
"Oh my god"
"Wow this is stupid easy"
"Take this from me i dont have the money to buy one "

I saw some bombs hit thats for sure

This sounds great Mike. Hope to get to swing it someday and see for myself.

Heres a few quotes
"Oh my god"

Heres a few quotes
"Oh my god"

Exactly what I expected to hear, and what will be a trend the more people that hit it. Its just stupidly good.

I haven't hit one but if it performs so well its a shame the cost is so high.
Seems like if it was priced more in line with other US oem drivers they could have a winner here.

Sure one could argue if something works it's worth the $600-700 price tag but that is a lot of Chedda.

I'm curious. What about it makes it so expensive to produce? Or are they justifying the price, taking a higher profit margin based on providing a superior product proposition for the customer?

I haven't hit one but if it performs so well its a shame the cost is so high.
Seems like if it was priced more in line with other US oem drivers they could have a winner here.

Sure one could argue if something works it's worth the $600-700 price tag but that is a lot of Chedda.

I'm curious. What about it makes it so expensive to produce? Or are they justifying the price, taking a higher profit margin based on providing a superior product proposition for the customer?
This is a company (Dunlop Sports) that has existed a quite a while and very well at that price point. As such, the move to make them more available/seen stateside doesn't mean they have to drop the price when they've been existing in that range prior.

This is a company (Dunlop Sports) that has existed a quite a while and very well at that price point. As such, the move to make them more available/seen stateside doesn't mean they have to drop the price when they've been existing in that range prior.

So essentially the pricing is based on brand. Similar to a luxury item? Like a BMW, Rolex etc?

So essentially the pricing is based on brand. Similar to a luxury item? Like a BMW, Rolex etc?
I wouldn't say that. To me that's discounting the tech in the clubs, and there is a ton of it.

I wouldn't say that. To me that's discounting the tech in the clubs, and there is a ton of it.
Couldn't have said it better.

Couldn't have said it better.
People forget, just because it's a newish name over here, doesn't mean it's that way everywhere. XXIO is a BIG deal overseas.

Jman. I'm not discounting their tech either. I feel though that other oems have great tech as well. With that being said I'm just trying to figure out why the $200+ premium over the other brands and their Tech. If it's a more luxury brand then I get it the premium

Maybe another way of putting it.
You game a GBB which to me is pretty up there in terms of tech. Would you pay the premium for the XXIO over the Callaway?

I think the difference is that the GBB is a mass-market item, and the XXIO design strategy is "build the best driver you can, without regard for cost". It would not surprise me if some of the tech in the XXIO line would make the Srixon or Cleveland lines better (and I'm sure it gets there eventually), but the manufacturing cost needs to be brought down before it can be.

Jman. I'm not discounting their tech either. I feel though that other oems have great tech as well. With that being said I'm just trying to figure out why the $200+ premium over the other brands and their Tech. If it's a more luxury brand then I get it the premium

Maybe another way of putting it.
You game a GBB which to me is pretty up there in terms of tech. Would you pay the premium for the XXIO over the Callaway?

The two drivers are VERY different beasts in how/where their tech is aimed, if that makes sense. The XXIO driver put a premium on high and ultra-forgiving for the average swinger whereas the GBB is different focal point (with some overlapping similarities of course).

You have to remember though, this is essentially a JDM driver from a company who has ALWAYS existed at that price point and done well there. But, as we are seeing in this XXIO thread and the others, stateside many focus on the price because its different than what we are seeing from the "normal" OEM's. Reality is XXIO would be nuts to drop the price when they don't need to.

The two drivers are VERY different beasts in how/where their tech is aimed, if that makes sense. The XXIO driver put a premium on high and ultra-forgiving for the average swinger whereas the GBB is different focal point (with some overlapping similarities of course).

You have to remember though, this is essentially a JDM driver from a company who has ALWAYS existed at that price point and done well there. But, as we are seeing in this XXIO thread and the others, stateside many focus on the price because its different than what we are seeing from the "normal" OEM's. Reality is XXIO would be nuts to drop the price when they don't need to.
Well said not to mention it is my opinion that oems have held the price back on new clubs for a long long time. It would not shock me to see the price start rising on others. That said lets not forget big oems have released extremely expensive drivers in the past the Taylor Made superdeep comes to mind and there have been others.

Buy what works the best and makes sense to you for some the price won't matter for others the price will be to high so they go elsewhere . Heck many of the new oem offerings people find to expensive so they get older drivers. Tons in the marketplace right now to fit all budgets and all needs truly a spectacular time for golf equipment.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Heres a few quotes
"Oh my god"

That is probably what I would say. I want to hit it - but I don't want to hit it.

People forget, just because it's a newish name over here, doesn't mean it's that way everywhere. XXIO is a BIG deal overseas.

They are #1 in a lot of markets and have been in that spot for quite sometime.

There are a whole lot of THPers that fell in love with this today.

This was a big hit today for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It felt so whippy, I thought the SR was for senior flex. I was afraid to swing it full and straight topped the ball. Mike assured me it was ok, so I put a real, albeit easy, swing on it. It was good. Slight fade with good distance. Some real time with it on the range could be bad for the wallet.

So holding this driver I thought, "it doesn't feel fantastic" first swing promptly goes 15 yards longer than my driver was going. Another swing confirmed the same. If I had a bunch of money I'd own this club for sure. Would like to play a full round with it, but was fun to hit a few times. I see why Mike loves it.

XXIO Prime Driver

this is a family friendly website, so the words that came out of people's mouths aren't printable here. this thing is incredible. it's actually worth the money and I can't believe I'm saying that. a lot of guys with different swing speeds, different misses, different launch angles, etc all hit this and everyone hit bombs. really unbelievable how good it is.

Last edited:

It just works. Much like the original CG Black driver/shaft combo, it really helps get the ball up and carry.

Was crazy to see how eye opening thiw driver was for people. Handicaps and swing speeds meant absolutely nothing. It just performs

Back