Cobra KING F6 Irons Preview

Being they are GI/SGI I would love to give these a try. Never played Cobra before but really would like to give them some swings

The F6 appears to be the GI line. While the new Cobra Max is the SGI line.

The F6s just joined my other 2 must hits for next year. The FG Tour F5 & the JPX EZ Forged.

Last edited:
How do they compare size wise to the 545's?

How do they compare size wise to the 545's?

Heel to toe? Comparable. Total size wise these have a bit of junk in the trunk in comparison in the long and mid irons.

Heel to toe? Comparable. Total size wise these have a bit of junk in the trunk in comparison in the long and mid irons.

Thanks. How about looking down on the ball or topline? Similar or thicker?

Thanks. How about looking down on the ball or topline? Similar or thicker?

Topline is a bit thicker in the mid-long irons but nothing I would be too worried about.

This is the 7 iron

c797202aa2c9ab13ca81a6e922a8edd3.jpg

d48c14641c5b988cdb4b84de2991c3c6.jpg

1100660fe3a51702ae9c0c7d402ac0ce.jpg

91246df14b8405364462c887fa6c3ea6.jpg

A bit chunky looking.

A bit chunky looking.

I think that will be the sentiment for many online. Although it is a progressive set that gets smaller throughout. The good news is that they have many other sets in the lineup with the LTD line being as small as any golfer would want.

I think that will be the sentiment for many online. Although it is a progressive set that gets smaller throughout. The good news is that they have many other sets in the lineup with the LTD line being as small as any golfer would want.

The thick sole looks like it could hel on fat shots thigh which is a good thing.

I am pretty excited about this offering. I like the idea of the truly progressive nature of the set. Did they send you all the wedges JB or just the PW?

I am pretty excited about this offering. I like the idea of the truly progressive nature of the set. Did they send you all the wedges JB or just the PW?

Just to the PW, but we will have the others soon.

Just to the PW, but we will have the others soon.

Nice, I like the fact that these set wedges seem like they will be more traditional than most, with the irons having plenty of forgiveness.

Looking forward to some feedback on these. My heart says I should play these, my head says they look too "game improvement" for me. Maybe I need some improvement in my life and lower those scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to some feedback on these. My heart says I should play these, my head says they look too "game improvement" for me. Maybe I need some improvement in my life and lower those scores.

Once people get over that stigma it opens up a lot of options that make the game easier. I actually think those are exactly the type of people this set is aimed at.

Once people get over that stigma it opens up a lot of options that make the game easier. I actually think those are exactly the type of people this set is aimed at.

I do like that the set is progressive making the low clubs easier to hit. I should really give these a shot as we'd be an all Cobra golf house then. Bought the fly-z+ for Mrs G and she loves them

They look good for the category that are in and based on conversations from LIITA this year with TO and Mike and also after hitting previous lines I,hope people give these a go. Cobra is doing dome really good stuff

This is the 7 iron

c797202aa2c9ab13ca81a6e922a8edd3.jpg

d48c14641c5b988cdb4b84de2991c3c6.jpg

1100660fe3a51702ae9c0c7d402ac0ce.jpg

91246df14b8405364462c887fa6c3ea6.jpg
I actually like the looks of them from these pics. The Forged Tec interest me more, but I like what Cobra has done with this class of iron for each of the last 3 releases.

I love everything about these Irons. I really want to hit these and try them out. Think they could really help my game

I can safely say that in the same category, this is the best Cobra set of irons that has come out in a number of years.

I like the sounds of these for their given category help in the long irons and control in the short sticks sounds perfect for a large portion of golfers.

I keep finding myself coming back to this thread, these Irons really have me interested in them. The looks have already grown on me quite a bit and the idea of the four types that progress throughout the set really appeals to me. I need to find time to head to a shop and swing these. I find myself quite excited to see the GW and SW in hand.

These are in hand for review and not at all what I anticipated. This is a whole different take/level of progressive than we have seen before. Will get a new thread up hopefully tonight, but here is the gap, 9, and 5.

4fe209bc20c273827117907edb94782f.jpg

These are in hand for review and not at all what I anticipated. This is a whole different take/level of progressive than we have seen before. Will get a new thread up hopefully tonight, but here is the gap, 9, and 5.

4fe209bc20c273827117907edb94782f.jpg

Very interesting.

Back