Watch two 'Jetmen' fly alongside an A380 superjumbo

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score

vlcsnap-2015-11-05-08h49m31s270.jpg

They couldn't even wave and say hi? How rude.

That was freaking awesome!

Pretty cool. As I watched I hoped the 2 jetmen stayed clear of directly behind the A380 and its wake turbulence zone otherwise they would have been tossed around like a couple of napkins in the dryer. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty cool. As I watched I hoped the 2 jetmen stayed clear of directly behind the A380 and its wake turbulence zone otherwise they would have been tossed around like a couple of napkins in the dryer. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have to imagine coming in behind one of those has to be an interesting experience. Good thing they now provide adequate separation for all the turbulence to hopefully dissipate...

I have to imagine coming in behind one of those has to be an interesting experience. Good thing they now provide adequate separation for all the turbulence to hopefully dissipate...

Not to hijack this thread but I've been 5 miles behind on approach of an A380 and been thrown around like we were in a Cessna.

Very cool, and probably then very dangerous to be flying anywhere near this beast in a little jetpack with wings.... but hey, if given the chance i'd give it a go

I'm thinking they didn't want to pay the extra's like baggage

I forsee these showing up in a Bond movie, or maybe Point Break 2.

very - very cool! Didn't realize they could go that fast

very - very cool! Didn't realize they could go that fast

To be fair, the 380 has full flaps down, likely has no passengers, baggage or cargo and likely minimal fuel. In short, it's probably going as slow as it possibly can. That said, it's still hauling ass for the jetpack guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So cool.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Finally able to see this. That's pretty cool.

I forsee these showing up in a Bond movie, or maybe Point Break 2.

Yup! I was thinking next Bond movie too! Probably very likely in PB2! LOL

Very cool vid!

Emirates is one of the nicest airlines I have ever flown on

That's pretty damn wild. I'd love to fly one of those suit things.

I just asked my wife if I could have one... I don't like the answer

I wouldn't ask and if I could get one...I would. THP outings made easier...ship the sticks.

Awesome stunt, but incredibly dangerous for the jet pack guys too. I'm sure there were very tight zones around the plane that they had to stay in to keep out of turbulence and wingtip vortices.

I want to use one of those.

That is so cool. I think it was filmed for a new Emirates ad. Im still amazed how those big planes get off the ground.

I'd buy one, only if they make a golf bag holder attachment to it. Skip parking, just fly up to the first tee
" class="bbImage" data-zoom-target="1" style="" alt="" title="" width="" height="" loading="lazy" />

Post via Taptalk

Back