The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, for me at least, FB messenger will only update when connected to WiFi. I have a lot of friends who use it, but it's useless for me if I'm not at home or at work. I hate that stupid app.

For some reason, for me at least, FB messenger will only update when connected to WiFi. I have a lot of friends who use it, but it's useless for me if I'm not at home or at work. I hate that stupid app.

The cellular data allowance must be turned off in settings

It's like 80* in my house right now and I'm sweating just sitting on my couch. Holy hell and the heat isn't even turned on.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The cellular data allowance must be turned off in settings
I thought that, but there is no option in settings*. I'm on a Windows Phone and I can't find it in the app settings, nor can I find it in the phone's settings. I'm assuming FB doesn't support the Windows Phone app as much as do Android and iPhone. In the help section it says "File a report inside the app" and that option doesn't exist for me ... the first hurdle I've hit with this phone. Not surprised it came from this app.

*Or I'm exceptionally obtuse, because I've searched several times at this point.

I think I'm gonna have to earn my Friday today...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I thought that, but there is no option in settings*. I'm on a Windows Phone and I can't find it in the app settings, nor can I find it in the phone's settings. I'm assuming FB doesn't support the Windows Phone app as much as do Android and iPhone. In the help section it says "File a report inside the app" and that option doesn't exist for me ... the first hurdle I've hit with this phone. Not surprised it came from this app.

*Or I'm exceptionally obtuse, because I've searched several times at this point.

Given that you're a Windows phone user by now you should be used to apps that have little to no feature comparison or support compared to their Android and iProduct brethren. Have you tried finding a Periscope app? I don't think they exist.

*Fellow Windows phone user.

8.5 hour flight from Chile to Miami, do the 3 mile walk around this piece of s $@% airport and now the plane to Orlando is broke. 38 min flight and we have been sitting here over an hour and now they say 30 more minutes until they decide to change planes or not. And of course there is a screaming baby nonstop for the last hour......

8.5 hour flight from Chile to Miami, do the 3 mile walk around this piece of s $@% airport and now the plane to Orlando is broke. 38 min flight and we have been sitting here over an hour and now they say 30 more minutes until they decide to change planes or not. And of course there is a screaming baby nonstop for the last hour......

Time to rent a car and drive. That airport is the worst!

I would but I don't sleep much on a plane and would never make it, but if this gets worst it might be in the cards.

Been up since yesterday 6:30am, just a bit grouchy and sore. But I got my shoes on.......in 1st class

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate feminists? I really can't stand them. I appreciate those before me who fought for my right to vote, and I am glad that in today's society I am considered an equal. But enough is enough already, quit asking for chivalry and then demanding to be treated equally. Pick one, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate feminists? I really can't stand them. I appreciate those before me who fought for my right to vote, and I am glad that in today's society I am considered an equal. But enough is enough already, quit asking for chivalry and then demanding to be treated equally. Pick one, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I typically try to ignore feminists but in cases where one gets particularly annoying I'll tell her to go make me a sammich.

Flight canceled, hydraulic issue so better to be here than in the air. Maybe they will have another plane a 1pm. You would think that at the biggest AA hub in the world they would have at least 1 back up plane...

The joys of daycare. The little man came home sick last week, then Leslie got it, and now it has passed on to me. We were supposed to leave to go to the mountains today, but that is not happening now.

Fun times at the hospital today, ultrasounds, CT scans, words like cancer and benign and malignant, and cyst.

And now I get to wait until next month to find out even more.

Fun stuff.

Poor customer service.

Hurricane Patricia hitting land now in Mexico,as my gf's parents like there I am worried. They live inland but still with 200 mph winds this is the strongest winds. My thoughts and prayers nothing severe happens to anyone.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hope they are safe Dustin.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It has weakened considerably, lots of rain still though.
I hope they are safe

This is not quite a worthy rant, but it is the best I have today, so far.

Driving to work on the highway (3 lanes + HOV lane), going 10-15 mph above the posted speed limit (do not judge) in the left lane. No cars around me for 1/4 mile in either direction.
A black Honda is coming up on me pretty quickly, the only other car I can see. I stay in my lane. This sedan tailgates me for a 1/2 mile. Mind you, there are three other unoccupied lanes of traffic. I move over, she passes me, still in the left lane.
My rant - why the ***k does the car tailgate me, when there are open lanes on either side of my car?

This is not quite a worthy rant, but it is the best I have today, so far.

Driving to work on the highway (3 lanes + HOV lane), going 10-15 mph above the posted speed limit (do not judge) in the left lane. No cars around me for 1/4 mile in either direction.
A black Honda is coming up on me pretty quickly, the only other car I can see. I stay in my lane. This sedan tailgates me for a 1/2 mile. Mind you, there are three other unoccupied lanes of traffic. I move over, she passes me, still in the left lane.
My rant - why the ***k does the car tailgate me, when there are open lanes on either side of my car?

Not gonna lie this scenario drives me crazy. He's an idiot and should have gone around you but people that cruise in the left lane drive me nuts.

I still love you though.

Edit: I'm confused you said you're in the left lane but there is an open lane on either side? What am I missing, I'm really hungover admittedly. I also don't know what a HOV lane is.

Not gonna lie this scenario drives me crazy. He's an idiot and should have gone around you but people that cruise in the left lane drive me nuts.

I still love you though.

Edit: I'm confused you said you're in the left lane but there is an open lane on either side? What am I missing, I'm really hungover admittedly. I also don't know what a HOV lane is.
HOV - High Occupancy Vehicle lane - it is the left-most lane, reserved during rush hours for hybrids, motorcycles, and cars with 2+ passengers. Just another lane during all other times.
It isn't like I was going slow - I was prob 15 mph above the posted limit. I understand cruising in the left lane, but really, the driver had to tailgate me?

HOV - High Occupancy Vehicle lane - it is the left-most lane, reserved during rush hours for hybrids, motorcycles, and cars with 2+ passengers. Just another lane during all other times.
It isn't like I was going slow - I was prob 15 mph above the posted limit. I understand cruising in the left lane, but really, the driver had to tailgate me?

The obvious solution is to move over. If they can pass you on the right you are doing something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its kinda like when you're a single, you run up on a group who may be playing pretty quick but still won't let you through. You play close to them hoping they'll let you by.

Its annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back