Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eff it, why not? Sneak peek at my all Copper Low Tide being made for me/Lotte. Same quote her mom and I have loved since we found out she was arriving and is on her bedroom wall, and it couldn't be more true. Someday it will be hers.

Should have more pics soon, they're finishing up machining today and making the stainless steel flow neck as well. Sole will be polished, rest of the copper will be bead blasted satin.

bd1b272e1cef4504a8d1507cb6388591.jpg
Jman that is just beautiful! Love it! The saying is perfect.

Do it. I would lol

Well I'll be up near that area Sunday. Might have to take a detour home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jman that is just beautiful! Love it! The saying is perfect.

Thanks dude. I'm so excited for this one. Kari (Lajosi) is also doing one for me, so hopefully, someday, Lotte will have her pick of which one she decides to win tournaments with and I'll get to keep playing the other.

Could get pricey though if we have 4 kids like the Doc wants LOL

Thanks dude. I'm so excited for this one. Kari (Lajosi) is also doing one for me, so hopefully, someday, Lotte will have her pick of which one she decides to win tournaments with and I'll get to keep playing the other.

Could get pricey though if we have 4 kids like the Doc wants LOL

Nothing is pricey when you have a Doc. :alien:

I kind of want the new heavenwood. Adjusted down to 19° with a stock stiff shaft and I'm thinking it'll be just a bit lower launching and a bit longer than my V series heavenwood.

I kind of want the new heavenwood. Adjusted down to 19° with a stock stiff shaft and I'm thinking it'll be just a bit lower launching and a bit longer than my V series heavenwood.

It would be.

Want to give the XR 19° hybrid and the x2 hot 19° hybrid a look. A little more forgiveness for going for par 5s in 2 than my xr pro is giving me. Price is a major factor as well so looking at older models.

Thinking of those yonex irons and some sort of KBS shaft. Thinking c taper lite.

New hybrid, new wedge, and that Z2C Smoke Diamond in the Marketplace

Pondering a new sets of irons/hybrids.

I'm back to the game after many years away and bought a cheap set of Top Flite XLs from Dick's Sporting Goods. Bag and all the clubs were $180. I do pretty well with them and only recently started playing on a course. I love the game and now that both my oldest daughter (she's going to be 12) and son (he's 8) have taken to the game, I know I'll be playing seriously for (hopefully) a long time to come. I would likely keep the Driver, 3W and putter from the set as I do pretty well with them for now.

Needless to say, after reading a lot on this site and the 'net, I'm considering getting the Cobra Fly Z XL combo set which has stellar reviews online and are "Maximum Game Improvement Irons/Hybrids". Everything I read says they are great clubs to grow with and even some of the Youtube reviews say they can be used even into a low handicap.

The ultimate question is whether I should stick with my current clubs and hold off until I start playing more and get an actual handicap, or get the Cobras and keep working on the game. I'd love some feedback from everyone here.

Thanks!

Pondering a new sets of irons/hybrids.

I'm back to the game after many years away and bought a cheap set of Top Flite XLs from Dick's Sporting Goods. Bag and all the clubs were $180. I do pretty well with them and only recently started playing on a course. I love the game and now that both my oldest daughter (she's going to be 12) and son (he's 8) have taken to the game, I know I'll be playing seriously for (hopefully) a long time to come. I would likely keep the Driver, 3W and putter from the set as I do pretty well with them for now.

Needless to say, after reading a lot on this site and the 'net, I'm considering getting the Cobra Fly Z XL combo set which has stellar reviews online and are "Maximum Game Improvement Irons/Hybrids". Everything I read says they are great clubs to grow with and even some of the Youtube reviews say they can be used even into a low handicap.

The ultimate question is whether I should stick with my current clubs and hold off until I start playing more and get an actual handicap, or get the Cobras and keep working on the game. I'd love some feedback from everyone here.

Thanks!

GO FOR IT! I dont think their is anything wrong with improving your clubs before getting a handicap. I wouldnt say to go out and buy a super expensive brand new set but upgrading to the cobras wouldnt be a huge deal. Especially if you hit them well, it could help you. Play what you like and understand that you will get better as you play. I was in the same situation as you and ended up buying my clubs off ebay or just tried to get good deals. I couldnt be happier with my bag right now and the best part is that I have spent a fraction of their actual cost to get these clubs The money I save with those clubs I want to put to lessons to help me improve. IN a couple of years I will hopefully get myself to a point where I can play a really nice, brand new set.

GO FOR IT! I dont think their is anything wrong with improving your clubs before getting a handicap. I wouldnt say to go out and buy a super expensive brand new set but upgrading to the cobras wouldnt be a huge deal. Especially if you hit them well, it could help you. Play what you like and understand that you will get better as you play. I was in the same situation as you and ended up buying my clubs off ebay or just tried to get good deals. I couldnt be happier with my bag right now and the best part is that I have spent a fraction of their actual cost to get these clubs The money I save with those clubs I want to put to lessons to help me improve. IN a couple of years I will hopefully get myself to a point where I can play a really nice, brand new set.

Thanks for the encouragement! You DO realize how much my wife hates you right now, LOL?

Thanks for the encouragement! You DO realize how much my wife hates you right now, LOL?

Hahaha. That's not good but I am ok with it I guess.

Honestly when I got my first set this year I didn't get q good set and I ended up having to find another set that I liked. I wish I would have just gotten te set I really wanted the first time.

Garmin golf watch vs Laser rangefinder?! Hmmm

One of each...

I wish! Not feasible though. I can see how the watch is so convenient. Played in a tournament today and my partner had it on, and I had to keep reaching for my rangefinder and he was just so much quicker with it. But not too sure how accurate it was. Sometimes him and I were 5-8yrds different in readings.

I use my watch way more than my rangefinder. As far as differences, remember the watch is front middle back so it'll be off from the exact pin. I've found I need those numbers more than the pin most times as it makes me go for getting on the green and not the exact number of the Cup. But we are def all different there.

I use my watch way more than my rangefinder. As far as differences, remember the watch is front middle back so it'll be off from the exact pin. I've found I need those numbers more than the pin most times as it makes me go for getting on the green and not the exact number of the Cup. But we are def all different there.

Yeah that's a good point, what model do you have?

Yeah that's a good point, what model do you have?

Neo XS I reviewed, I never ever ever play a round without it. Its awesome.

2016 Apex Pros. Great feel, great results, great everything. I'm impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back