Dustin Johnson - Free Agent

TMag really needs him but with their financial situation I'm not sure if they can afford to keep so many big faces around? They could very well end up keeping him and overpaying him for the sake of their image or lackthereof if he leaves.

That being said, I think the Nike argument is strong. I like him in their clothing as he is an outstanding athlete making the golf apparel and workout apparel even more marketable and they definitely can open up the checkbook to throw swimming pools of money at him. I would bet their club sales go up (or at the very least their drivers) which is exactly what the doctor ordered for Nike. Plus, I would find it interesting because it would be a nice kick in the teeth to Adidas after stealing a top Nike Basketball athlete in James Harden last off season. (Probably not what they're thinking about but they would get a nice laugh about it if DJ wins a major or 4 and the Rockets miss the playoffs.)

In an ideal world for me he signs a UA head to toe deal with a W/S bag. It would be nice to have the stars shaken up a bit IMO plus, DJ does love a nice blade.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Pxg? Just a shot in the dark

It may already be in here but i couldnt find the answer. When is the actual date his contract is up? Just odd having this conversation and then seeing him on the course head to toe in adidas with a bag full of TM clubs

I still want him to go with Wilson Staff.

I still want him to go with Wilson Staff.

Guys asked the President of Wilson Golf at the THP Event Staff Proto and they did not express any interest.

Guys asked the President of Wilson Golf at the THP Event Staff Proto and they did not express any interest.

oh, didn't know that. did they not express any interest in him specifically or in signing that kind of contract

oh, didn't know that. did they not express any interest in him specifically or in signing that kind of contract

The question was asked about DJ specifically.

The question was asked about DJ specifically.
Interesting. I know he had his partying issues, but is he seen as somebody who is "not a good guy" or "not marketable" because from the outside he seems like he could sell stuff to the masses. Doesn't seem like he has very much personality though.

Not trying at all to get you to call anybody out at all, just genuinely curious how a brand sees players or opportunities, as somebody who knows nothing about that side of golf.

Interesting. I know he had his partying issues, but is he seen as somebody who is "not a good guy" or "not marketable" because from the outside he seems like he could sell stuff to the masses. Doesn't seem like he has very much personality though.

Not trying at all to get you to call anybody out at all, just genuinely curious how a brand sees players or opportunities, as somebody who knows nothing about that side of golf.

I honestly cant answer for anybody. He is expensive and I think companies are a bit gun shy with some guys. Lets not forget he is less than a year out of being suspended for half a year (allegedly). I know of a number of companies that took a pass.

It may already be in here but i couldnt find the answer. When is the actual date his contract is up? Just odd having this conversation and then seeing him on the course head to toe in adidas with a bag full of TM clubs

Might be end of calendar year.

I honestly cant answer for anybody. He is expensive and I think companies are a bit gun shy with some guys. Lets not forget he is less than a year out of being suspended for half a year (allegedly). I know of a number of companies that took a pass.

I can't say I blame them. Even though a lot of their marketing has been pushing their distance line of clubs, I don't think they would be wise to shell out the kind of money I see him bringing.

Regardless of his past, he seems to be doing very well for himself in his private life. New baby with Pauline Gretzky (The Great One's daughter!!!) and talks of marriage. That has a way of settling someone down. Hopefully. Inner demons are tough on the soul.

Regardless of his past, he seems to be doing very well for himself in his private life. New baby with Pauline Gretzky (The Great One's daughter!!!) and talks of marriage. That has a way of settling someone down. Hopefully. Inner demons are tough on the soul.
"Ya that whole settling down with a wife and kids thing is a great way to make the demons go away" - Tiger Woods

I want to see him playing the King LTD this year.... If you're going to have two in the top 20, i think Ricky and DJ would be a great combo.

"Ya that whole settling down with a wife and kids thing is a great way to make the demons go away" - Tiger Woods

LMAO, I knew someone was going to bring that up!!

Can't argue with that for sure, but there is always hope that it doesn't effect everyone the same way.

I want to see him playing the King LTD this year.... If you're going to have two in the top 20, i think Ricky and DJ would be a great combo.

I agree, Ricky is very polarising, DJ could help draw the 90% of the population that doesn't like to be dipped in orange paint. (that number is made up, I know)

I think DJ could pull off some Puma style!

I agree, Ricky is very polarising, DJ could help draw the 90% of the population that doesn't like to be dipped in orange paint. (that number is made up, I know)
I think this is a valid point. I know Cobra has a couple other staffers, but nobody with the visability of Ricky. It'd be nice to have another 'personality' on the team. Maybe he can be the head to toe guy in teal. Ha!

I still think he probably ends up staying with TMAG.....don't see anyone else stepping up to pay him the kind of money it would take to get him to sign

Guessing no news means he is staying with TM?

It will be interesting in seeing where he ends up. He's a big player in the ad world.

How fun would it be to see Bridgestone or SRI flex their financial muscles and go get DJ?

Nike.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I wonder if I should just camp out at PXG HQ and see if I can catch anyone coming in and out.

Back