The Gauntlet Will Return In 2016

The Gauntlet Will Return In 2016

You are incorrect. ALL THP events are open to ALL skill levels. Go through the previous live update thread and it becomes clearer.

The gauntlet is the name associated with "running" multiple courses and completing the challenge.

I'm pretty excited to hear that this is coming back. Another chance to play in one--I've been dying to get in since the unofficial gauntlet in 2013.

Excellent news. The Gauntlet is one of the premier THP events of the year. Glad to see it back for another year.

Helllllls yes!!!!! Seriously one of the greatest weekends of my life! If this event wasn't perfect, I have no clue how amazing the perfect event can be. This HAS to be on everyone's want list

This is great news! I'd love to play in this next year.

While I am quite sure that this is a fantastic event, not being familiar with it, given that its called the Gauntlet implies that I don't belong there. Accordingly, I assume this is an event for the better players.

Skill level means very little in any THP event. And this one is handicapped. As long as your honest with yourself and your handicap, you have just as good of a chance as anyone. And believe me, this is not something you want to pass up on.

Fantastic!

Thanks for the great news!

Great news! That event was such an incredible follow this year.

Skill level means very little in any THP event. And this one is handicapped. As long as your honest with yourself and your handicap, you have just as good of a chance as anyone. And believe me, this is not something you want to pass up on.

This is very true. I played in this years Gauntlet as a 29 handicap and we competed against people in the single digits and won one of our matches and drew another. So seriously, it has no bearing at all.

Awesome! Follow along was pretty good this year, would love more vines/vids for 2016.

Excellent!

I was there when JB finalized some of the details. If you want to know where and when it's being played, click the spoiler.

Spoiler
A premier course on a premier date with great people.

Pencil me in - I'm there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to hear. It's a terrific event to follow for sure.

While I am quite sure that this is a fantastic event, not being familiar with it, given that its called the Gauntlet implies that I don't belong there. Accordingly, I assume this is an event for the better players.

Trust me when I say this....your game would stack up well in this event. Handicaps from scratch to 30 have played. And as always most THP Events are played from a fair distance. Usually it's a combonation of tees that JB selects before the rounds, taking into conditions and weather and such. But it rarely ever plays more than 6500 if that.

Again that is past events, but generally JB doesn't stray from a formula that works.

This is awesome news!
Cannot wait to try to get in this again!
(Hoping 3rd time might be my charm!)

This is awesome news!
Cannot wait to try to get in this again!
(Hoping 3rd time might be my charm!)
You and me CJ...would love to be in another event with you.

That is fantastic news!

Great news!! Looking forward to the opportunity!!

That's excellent news. Good people, great venue, all spells out a mind blowing time.

Thanks Fup! I know all that is true and its now penciled in on my calendar.

I was there when JB finalized some of the details. If you want to know where and when it's being played, click the spoiler.

Spoiler
A premier course on a premier date with great people.

This is very true. I played in this years Gauntlet as a 29 handicap and we competed against people in the single digits and won one of our matches and drew another. So seriously, it has no bearing at all.

Yeah, but you played pretty damn well!

I am really excited that this is coming back. If they can make it even close to as awesome as this years event was it will be legendary. I will do everything I can to get in it for 2016, absolutely awesome time in Chicago this year.

Not sure it can get much better than what we had, but I said the same thing about #TheKing and I was wrong. I'm sure THP and Callaway will knock it out of the park again in 2016.

Back